VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. (Rip a dvd on mac)
    Hi

I want to rip a dvd and then upload to youtube. First program i tried was dvdfab 9 and it worked superfine. It took me 15 minutes to rip this
    dvd to a mp4 file. The dvd i wanna rip is for a job im doing and it is live songs for this artist.. im gonna rip the dvd and cut out each song
    and then upload to youtube for promotional purpouse. Anyway dvdfab worked fine but i used the free version so there a watermark on the
    ripped mp4 file. My question is if there is another program that works fine and is free? thanks a lot for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can just rip/copy the dvd folder to your hdd with dvdfab(NOT convert to mp4). It should be free. Just click try and then under Copy -> Full Disc.

Then convert the dvd folder to mp4 with the free handbrake.

But youtube will probably delete your content if you upload copyrighted material.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi

Thanks for the help. I didnt get dvdfab copy to work but i could copy the dvd with disk utility and then convert it with handbrake. Handbreak worked great!
    So now im just gonna cut out each song and thinking im gonna use imovie for it.. or is there another program which works better for that?
    Im just doing this job.. its actually the artist himself thats gonna upload to youtube with his account so dont think thats gonna be a problem.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    iMovie will probably reconvert the video again. You can try cut with for example mpeg streamclip, set start and stop, use save as to avoid any reconversion.

Mpeg streamclip can also open dvd/video_ts folders directly so you can use it to cut, save as/convert to a mp4 for youtube.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think you can just open the video in Quicktime X, and use the Trim function to trim your clip, and then save it out. Re-Open the original, Change the trim points, and save it out again. that should get you the clips you want without any re-coding and converting.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks a lot for the help. I used the quicktime trimming and it was really easy and fast process.

Thanks
    Quote Quote