VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to burn two different data discs at one time with each disc having a different source file.

I have 2 DVD burners of the same model and one of them is installed as a slave drive as the mobo has only one PATA slot.
    I was thinking of burning at 8x but any speed would do...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Theoretically possible esp if the source files reside on different HDDs.

But IMHO not recc to attempt and a no no if both are on the same HDD. You require a steady stream of data between HDD and burner. That will be interrupted while the HDD head seeks the new data for a different file.

Others with more technical knowledge may explain the potential issue at the burner end in attempting this with a slave/master. But I anticipate data loss and bad burns.

8x for 16x disks is fine if the burner supports this speed. But that is only appr 10 mins of burn. Which you would use if yiu had to redo the disk. So stick to one disk and a time.

Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You would have been done with two whole stacks of burned DVDs by now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You can have two instances of ImgBurn running at the same time. The first time you start Imgburn and select your burner, both burners will be available to choose from. When you have one burner running, and then start another window of ImgBurn, only the second burner will be available for the next burn.

ImgBurn may show buffering issues as you burn two different data streams. So your burns will be suspended until the buffer fills again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's better to burn one disc at a time cause when you burn 2 at a time it slows down to the point where's there no speed saving.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have another question........ Is it possible to write a disc without creating a image file first.......One drive reads the disc while the other writes this data to the disc.....

If yes.. which software can do it..........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn.... I use it to burn 3 different movies at the same time, and I detect no loss of speed or accuracy in the burn. Amaltom61...are you talking about simply writing files from one disc to another, or burning ISOs? If you are backing up a movie, all software that I am aware of create an image first before burning. The ones that appear to burn direct simply automate the process in the background and you are not aware of it. With Imgburn, you create the ISO first and then burn the ISO you created.
    If you are simply copying text files from one disc or hard drive to a CD then no image is required.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    ...So your burns will be suspended until the buffer fills again...
    ...and most likely end up with two beautiful coasters.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by turk690 View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    ...So your burns will be suspended until the buffer fills again...
    ...and most likely end up with two beautiful coasters.
    I used to burn more than one disc at a time now and then, back when I was burning more often. ImgBurn never produced a bad burn. Damn good program.

I've never tried it with Blu-ray however. And I'd still recommend doing them one at at time, even with DVDs or CDs, since I don't know the equipment or media that others are using.
    Quote Quote