VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got this for 50 over the weekend it worked fine I started to tweak the settings the remote no longer works, nor does my other soy dvd recorder remote for my main dvd recorder.

I'm at a loss on what to do, i tried the reset ect nothing unless I'm missing out something?

You don't suppose the sensor has gone do you? plz help if not im gettin a refund, I thought I'd try here before i go all guns a blazin.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This usually means you accidentally changed the infrared code matchup between the remote control handset and the recorder. Sony DVD/HDD recorders have three different code set options to choose from (1, 2, or 3) which allows owners of multiple Sony products to use them in the same room. The factory default code is 3: look closely at the front panel display and see if a small number 1 or 2 is lit up. If so, the recorder has been changed from the default 3 code (when set to 3, no number at all lights up in the display).

Whichever code shows on the front panel needs to be matched on the remote itself. Take the 860 remote into another room, away from your Sony recorders. Then change the handset code by pressing the central Enter/OK button, and while holding it down press and hold the 1, 2 or 3 button to match what number the recorder is using. Keep both buttons pressed for about ten seconds. Release, and the remote code will be changed. Then try the remote with your 860 recorder and it should work. If not, there might be something wrong with the remote receiver circuit in the unit.

Older Sony recorders have the same three codes but label them as A, B or C instead of 1, 2 or 3.
    Quote Quote