VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use a small program to capture my computer screen and saves in wmv which seems to be okay quality and small file size. when I load these files into TMPGEnc these files are huge. I like to be able to put chapters or markers in what ever format I use and maybe cut out selections and encode to a normal format as I play most everything on a WDTV in the house which handles most formats. Would appreciate any help you could offer. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Adjust the bitrate for smaller size. bitrate * running time = file size.

Does the wdtv support chapters in any format? Just google wdtv chapters. Maybe it supports mkv with chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I didn't think that wdtv wouldn't play chapters on wmv or other formats and I think the answer is no just dvd, Why is it that most of these file I load in TMpge... it shows huge file size in the program when the file isn't that big that I load?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you makinga dvd in tmpgenc? If so it usually requires a MUCH higher bitrate for good quality than wmv.

I say it again.

bitrate * running time = file size

You can adjust the bitrate for DVDs also.

But what tmpgenc version are you using? Tmpgenc authoring works? Tmpgenc? Tmpgenc dfjkhdsfj etc?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes to the Tmpgenc authoring works (I don't recall being able to set bitrate) so Im just running default settings , and yes to using Tmpg.... for making the dvd, if you recommend another program that would be great. I would like to maintain the same video quality if possible as the screen captures are not that good to start with if you could recommend a bit rate that would be suitable. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. You can adjust the bitrate in it(or adjust quality value). But it was so long time ago I used it...search the help/manual.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I will look into seeing about adjusting the bit rate, I did find the divx settings and really downsized the file size (and held quality) and let me set chapters so all that was great but WDTV plays file fine but wont support chapters in divx I could only fast forward. There are many new players out there now days wonder how it would be worded in spec... for divx chapter support? Thanks again for all your help
    Quote Quote