VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I captured this video from a streaming site through replay media catcher. The video plays for around 10 secs then stops (tried in VLC, MP Classic, KM player, Zoom Player) although the download had fully finished. Is it something with the lavf encoded file??

Many Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the mediainfo of the file:

General
    Complete name : G:\WD Smartware Pro Free Trial\New folder\360_1000K_12761141-mp4.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom
    File size : 107 MiB
    Duration : 27mn 55s
    Overall bit rate : 534 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2013-12-08 22:25:27
    Tagged date : UTC 2013-12-08 22:25:27
    Writing application : Lavf53.24.2

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L3.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 500 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 360 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.072
    Stream size : 99.9 MiB (94%)

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 30.3 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Channel positions : Front: C
    Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 6.05 MiB (6%)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Headrush, in the future please use a more descriptive title so others can find your posts on a search for similar topics. I will change it this time.

Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried open it in an editor like avidemux? Can you preview the entire file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried open it in an editor like avidemux? Can you preview the entire file?
    Hi Baldrick,

Yes I did. Same thing, the file is not seekable beyond the point I specified. My laptop almost freezed during this process.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try remux with mymp4boxgui. Add the mp4 under mux and make a new mp4.

But I don't think it will work. You can also try video repair tool, it's not free but repair many brokens mp4s. I have not seen any good free mp4 repair tool.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Deceased
    Search PM
    It is old or new version of rmc? Did you try downloading by other methods and do a file compare? Is it definitely in an mp4 container? Did you try copying it into another container?

The filesize is small, you could upload it to zippyfile for inspection, or provide original link to the video on the web.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Try remux with mymp4boxgui. Add the mp4 under mux and make a new mp4.

But I don't think it will work. You can also try video repair tool, it's not free but repair many brokens mp4s. I have not seen any good free mp4 repair tool.
    Ok Thanks, I'll be back with info soon!
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try import the mp4 in mkvtoolnix / mmg and see if you can make a mkv from it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    It is old or new version of rmc? Did you try downloading by other methods and do a file compare? Is it definitely in an mp4 container? Did you try copying it into another container?

The filesize is small, you could upload it to zippyfile for inspection, or provide original link to the video on the web.
    Hi Blimey,

I've got RMC4, version 5 is the latest I think. Well didn't try any other methods coz I don't really know, I've been using RMC for many years. Works perfectly most of the time. And yeah extension of file is .mp4. And talking of copying it into another container, I don't have much knowledge about that. Can you provide me with link to any tutorial ?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Headrush; 6th Mar 2014 at 03:45.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello fellas,

After lots of experimentation, I was able to repair the file. I tried mkvtoolnix but the result was same except the .mkv format. Tried avidemux, nothing happened. So I went for Video repair tool as advised by Baldrick. That marvellous software was able to repair the file! I could have downloaded the same video from a different site, but I wouldn't have gained knowledge without asking and getting feedback from you guys on this matter.

Thanks very much!
    Quote Quote