VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Yesterday I attempted to read/play a recently burned finalized dvd-r, noncommercial, video mode, on my Windows 7 system. Unfortunately one of the vobs on the dvd was having problems: VLC media player could not play it through, Windows could not copy it to the hard drive, and dvdisaster skipped part of it. The rest of the dvd was fine. The dvd was left in the drive overnight. Strangely this morning all three applications can process the problem vob. What changed? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've had the same issue with a blu-ray disc as well,couldn't copy the last 3 videos to the hdd and my blu-ray play couldn't play the last 3 videos saying they were corrupt,cleaned and inspected them tried to rip again with no luck so i put the disc in the player and it played the 3 videos with no issues.

Took the disc out and was able to copy the videos to my hdd,this all occurred within 30 minutes.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Temperature. I was wondering whether that might be a factor. (The drive temperature is, I expect, much warmer than the temperature of the dvd was when it was inserted.)

In that case, if temperature is relevant to dvd performance, what temperature range is best for storage of dvds, whether blank or recorded? At what temperature will the dvd perform best in the drive or dvd player? If it is suspected that the dvd is too cold, then the best solution is to leave the dvd in the drive/player until it warms up before attempting to use it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My post was to say it's not temperature cause it was in a span of 30 minutes for me,it would have to be very cold or very hot and unless you live outside the temps inside don't vary much.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is there a sticky label on the disc?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. My strangely-behaving dvd has no labels of any kind (and also no writing on it besides the manufacturer's imprint).
    Quote Quote  
  7. The temperature inside a computer can vary by 30 degrees C or more depending on the ambient temperature, CPU/GPU usage, how long the computer has been on, etc. That means the temperature of the Blu-ray drive (assuming an internal drive) can vary by just as much. And the temperature of the disc. The behavior of physical and electronic devices can be effected by temperature.
    Quote Quote