VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The search function in my LG BD350 will not work in burnt disks. It will work in store bought dvds but not a burnt dvd. The search function is where you can go forward through the video. If used on a burnt DVD a red circle with a bar through it appears in top right of screen
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	remote.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	23841  

Quote Quote  
  2. Did that burned DVD have chapter markers?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Did that burned DVD have chapter markers?
    not sure what you mean it has a menu and you click play to start it. It was converted with convertxtodvd. How will i find if it has chapter markers? Thanks
    Edit create chapter every 05:0C is ticked in convertxtodvd
    Last edited by Anonymous2; 3rd Mar 2014 at 10:57.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try using the proper forward button to go to next chapter and see if that works. Don't use the search button.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Try using the proper forward button to go to next chapter and see if that works. Don't use the search button.
    it does but search is easier to use. search can go to anywhere in the film not just to start of a chapter
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've never figured out why that works sometimes and other times it doesn't. To get search to work must require something that some authoring programs don't do. A few days ago I made an AVCHD with tsmuxer and I can't jump to specific times in it either. I even recently played a commercial BluRay, "The Jungle Book" (the old 1967 Disney film) and while I could jump to specific times within the film, I could not within the extras.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I've never figured out why that works sometimes and other times it doesn't. To get search to work must require something that some authoring programs don't do. A few days ago I made an AVCHD with tsmuxer and I can't jump to specific times in it either. I even recently played a commercial BluRay, "The Jungle Book" (the old 1967 Disney film) and while I could jump to specific times within the film, I could not within the extras.
    is yours an LG BD 350?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Friend of mine checked with LG. They say

With burnt disks you need to use the marker button to set points on the disk. You can do that up to nine times and once you have set a maker you are then able to use the search for burnt disks.

Marker points are not stored so if the DVD is stopped or removed then the marker points are removed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I may misunderstand the question, but the search button, as i understand it, is just at kind of Fast Forward button, that makes it possible for you to speed up the movie, until you have found the desired moment.

And i have had burned disk that could not be fast forwarded, if the media, the DVD disc was of poor quality, but the chapter search worked fine.
    Quote Quote