VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can we convert a video in virtual dub from a sample size of 24 bit to 9 bit (4:1:0 planar (YUV9))?

What will be codec? What will be other details?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Video -> Color Depth -> Output Format -> Y:1:0 planar YCbCr (YVU9). The fourcc will be YVU9. The video will be uncompressed otherwise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Why do you want to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried this: Video -> Color Depth -> Output Format -> Y:1:0 planar YCbCr (YVU9)

But this is the error i got.

'The output frame size is not compatible with the selected output format. (720*406, YUV410)'.

Compression Codec: "Xvid Mpeg-4"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Why do you want to do this?
    I am having some problem with my USB-DVD Player. I have tried 12 bit sample but problem is not solved so now i have to check it with 9 bit sample size to make sure what i have to do with USB-DVD Player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Please clarify, are you trying to make a DVD, or are you playing a USB stick through your "USB-DVD" player?

If playing off a USB stick, what makes you believe sample depth is the issue? What files/formats/codecs does your player support?

Possibly your issue is raster size.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Dilshaad View Post
    I tried this: Video -> Color Depth -> Output Format -> Y:1:0 planar YCbCr (YVU9)

'The output frame size is not compatible with the selected output format. (720*406, YUV410)'.

YVU9 requires a mod 4 frame size. 406 is not mod4. Use 404 or 408.

Originally Posted by Dilshaad View Post
    I am having some problem with my USB-DVD Player. I have tried 12 bit sample but problem is not solved so now i have to check it with 9 bit sample size to make sure what i have to do with USB-DVD Player.
    No DVD player is going to play uncompressed video. YVU9 isn't going to help you. You need to encode with something like Xvid, with settings compatible with your player.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290800-My-DivX-DVD-Player-can-t-play-my-avi-DivX-xvid-video
    Quote Quote  
  8. Also Xvid does not support any other color format than YV12 (4:2:0).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post

YVU9 requires a mod 4 frame size. 406 is not mod4. Use 404 or 408.

No DVD player is going to play uncompressed video. YVU9 isn't going to help you. You need to encode with something like Xvid, with settings compatible with your player.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290800-My-DivX-DVD-Player-can-t-play-my-avi-DivX-xvid-video

I am using Xvid codecs. After i applied mod 4 frame size new error occurs: Unable to intialize video compression. Check that the Video codec is compatible with the output video frame size and the setting are correct or try a different one. "

I am using Xvid MPEG 4 codec for compression. All settings are used as defaults.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	23864

I am using resize filter where i changed values after ur help according to mod 4. Current setting is 720 * 408.

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	23865

Collor Depth is:

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	23863
    Quote Quote  
  10. As was pointed out by Selur, Xvid doesn't support YVU9 as input. Change to YV12.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    As was pointed out by Selur, Xvid doesn't support YVU9 as input. Change to YV12.
    Thanks alot for your support. My problem is solved. I changed to YV12. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote