VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello!

First I have to say that I am kind of a noob in this but I have been using UncropMKV for my .mkv files for some years now without any problems. A couple of weeks ago UncropMKV went downhill. All files that I want to uncrop get trimmed after only a couple of minutes.

First I thought that the files were somehow corrupted but this also happens for the old ones that went through OK before the problem occured. The logfile does not show any errors, it looks as if all went through just fine (as far as my inexperienced eye can tell).

I reinstalled Matroska codec pack, ffdshow, Haali media splitter, Avisynth and Uncropmkv and that didn't help. I also installed an old version of UncropMKV but that didn't help either.

I may add that around the same time I installed Bitdefender and I am guessing that this might have been a culprit.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt bitdefender has anything to do with this. Probably some decoder/splitter that doesn't work as it did before. Usually will reinstalling haali media splitter help but you have tried it already.

Have you installed any other video software? Codec packs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Aside from image editing software like Picasa and ImageJ and the antivirus I didn't install anything. I think I will go through the uninstall/reinstall process once again. Is the order of installing these programs relevant in any way?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    After another try I noticed an error message that appeared for a split second and that doesn't get written in a log file. I actually needed a screen recorder software to be able to read it through. The error message says:
    x264 [error]: x264_encoder_encode failed31,93kb/s, eta 0:06:34

Does anyone have a clue what this means?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No.

Corrupt/dying hdd?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    OK now you are scaring me. But it still seemed worth investigating.

I always operated with .mkv files on my external disk. Now I moved one .mkv file to C: disk and tried to load it into UncropMKV. Funny thing - UncropMKV crashes. It crashes every time but only for files on C: disk and not for files on any other disk.

Has anyone seen this before?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try run an error check on your drive. Right click on C:\ in windows explorer, properties, tools and check now.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Just a late update:
    it was BitDefender's fault after all.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Good to know....that it's crap. .
    Quote Quote