VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to use mpg2cut2 to cut 2 segments from 2 different DVDs and join them together. These two segments are actually 2 parts of one continuous video that spans the 2 DVDs.

I had no problem with the cut operations. The 2 segments play fine in Windows Media Player and are seekable, i.e. I can click on any point on the play/progress bar while the video is playing to immediately jump to that spot in the video.

The problem comes in when I try to join these 2 segments in mpg2cut2. I did "File->Open" to open the first file, then "File->Add File" to add another file. I then clicked "File->Save All Clips". mpg2cut2 appeared to produce a mpg2 file that consists of the second file appended to the first one. When I open this file in Windows Media Player it starts to play. The problem is that I am unable to jump to any location in the video by clicking on the progress/play bar.

Did I do something wrong during the joining process? Do I need to run this joined mpeg2 file through some other program to "reindex" it so that it will be seekable in Windows Media Player?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try any other file->save options?

Or try join with avidemux, open video, file->append, under video and audio choose copy, change format to mpeg ps, save as new mpg.

Or try "reindex"/remux the mpg with the old tmpgenc, under file->tools and multiplexer, add the joined mpg and then make new one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Did you try any other file->save options?

Or try join with avidemux, open video, file->append, under video and audio choose copy, change format to mpeg ps, save as new mpg.

Or try "reindex"/remux the mpg with the old tmpgenc, under file->tools and multiplexer, add the joined mpg and then make new one.
    What other file->save option in mpg2cut2 should I try?

I will look into the other options.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've had this problem before, with transport stream files. I think the time codes aren't updated when you save. I don't remember exactly what I did to get around this. I think I remuxed to MKV with mmg.exe then demuxed to elementary streams, then remuxed to MPG with TmpgEnc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I've had this problem before, with transport stream files. I think the time codes aren't updated when you save. I don't remember exactly what I did to get around this. I think I remuxed to MKV with mmg.exe then demuxed to elementary streams, then remuxed to MPG with TmpgEnc.
    Is remuxing to MKV a lossless procedure?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I've had this problem before, with transport stream files. I think the time codes aren't updated when you save. I don't remember exactly what I did to get around this. I think I remuxed to MKV with mmg.exe then demuxed to elementary streams, then remuxed to MPG with TmpgEnc.
    Is remuxing to MKV a lossless procedure?
    Yep.

And I don't think any other save method will help in mpg2cut2.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    This worked perfectly, thanks.
    Quote Quote