VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I am trying to enhance the quality of this video still. Can you advise me on software that can enhance the face Name:  new prow.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  7.4 KB a bit ? I don't expect a miracle ! Thankyou ![
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot 1 (2-28-2014 9-59 AM).png
Views:	326
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	23805  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing will enhance the face since there is no detail of it to begin with,No Where to Hide sure made people think that blurry photos can be digitized to show exact details.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    #1 You shouldn't ever start with a screen cap, but should instead pull a still from the video, or better yet, work with a copy of the original video.

#2 Assuming the screen cap isn't blowing things up or shrinking things down much, the face occupies less than 64 pixels height & width!! As johns0 said, there is no detail left to start from.

#3 The existing image is already good enough to show the existence of an occurrence, as well as rudimentary recognition & possibly even identification (white male, no glasses, straight nose, shortish hair & beard, early 20's to mid 30's, wearing jacket/hoodie & jeans - can probably also calculate his height from other objects in scene and by perspective geometry). What more else do you need? His expression? Eye color? Moles/Beauty Marks/Scars?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. His expression? No. I didn't know if it was possible to get a sharper image of his face.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is what I got using Paint.NET:
    Image Attached Images  
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here it is blown up if it helps any:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_Big.png
Views:	250
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	23812  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thankyou Racer for your time.
    Quote Quote