VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I captured from my cable box using a Hauppauge PVR and it went fine. The file is MPEG2 TS. When I want to load it in AVCHD it does find it. Anyone know what to do and why this is happening?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mou353 View Post
    When I want to load it in AVCHD it does find it.
    Until you can restate that in a meaningful way, you won't get help. What is this mysterious "AVCHD" of which you speak? That's a format not a program name.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    My mistake--it is MULTIAVCHD. Sorry about that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's still unclear. The program couldn't find the file(s)? Were there error messages? Does it set up its pown default path?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    When I click on the icon to open the "my videos" where the file should be I don't get the choice of the file I made from teh PVR. The icon doesn't show up to choose from. No error message and as far as I can see no default path.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you'll have to verify that the file is really where you think it is or that it actually exists (might be somewhere else, despite what you intended). What program did you use to record with? Normally you can set the path there. You may need to go there and look at every file and make sure that it really exists. If you can find the file, install MediaInfo and open the file with that and post the info here so we can see if the real problem is that something went horribly wrong with your recording process and MultiAVCHD can't open your file for that reason, but it's not smart enough to tell you that.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I have Medianfo installed so I can check it and get back to you. The file does show up if I just go into my C drive and the then my videos. When I do that in Multiavchd it doesn't show up. I don't get why when I can see it by just going into my C drive.

Hauppauge PVR has it's own program that I used to capture. I am not sure what that is except Hauppauge capture. That is all it says.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you go importing the files with multiavchd, make sure you select "all files *.*" in order to see them.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I tired that but it didn't seem to work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It works here:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	multiavchd.png
Views:	231
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	23799  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I will try it tonight. Does the MPEG 2 matter or just the TS?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TS is just a container (Transport Stream) and can contain Mpeg-4 (avc) or Mpeg-2. As long as the files are compatible, you should be fine.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks--I will let you know what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Just a quick question--why doesn't it just default to "all files" and be done with it? Seems like the easiest thing for it to do.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Your advice to use transport stream was perfect. That worked. Since I know this worked I want to delete the file but when I try it won't let me. It says the file is open in avs4x264. I have to close that first. I assume that is avisynth but I can't find the file in avisynth. It seems I have to go to avs4x264 then tools to find it but it isn't there--at least not that I can see. Any help with this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    reboot and nothing should be running. then delete. or open task manager and kill the avs process.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    That worked fine--many thanks.
    Quote Quote