VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using v5.10. Under Video encoding I select x264 2P DVD5 HQ Film. To me this suggests that it will create a file that fits on a DVD. Except the mp4 file is 30GB.

How should I set it up for correct file size?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Under Video Encoding click on the E-button. Set the video encoding mode to 2-pass and set the exact output file size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was like that already. Still got 30GB file. Went to CLI. The command line code there looked good, so I clicked Apply. It is busy processing now, and I ill see what the effect is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can check so the bitrate looks ok(if for example xvid4psp identify the running time incorrect/to short).

running time * bitrate = file size or use a bitrate calculator.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Checked with the Bitrate Calculator. The reason I am using the software is because it is all I have to split the movie over 2 disks. It is doing half the movie, but calculated the bitrate from the full length!! (A defininite bug.) Will have to start again to get a reasonable quality, setting the disk size at double.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The reason I am using the software is because it is all I have to split the movie over 2 disks.
    Are you still using CDs?
    Where as DVD media cost you almost same price and you can put at least 2 (2232MB) or 3 (1488MB) movies on one DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, DVDs. 164 minute music video at 1280 x 720, so splitting it over 2 DVDs to get better quality.
    Quote Quote