VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,
    I'm newbie to video editing and ran into this problem. Tried looking through the forum but couldn't find an answer.

If I move the file location of a video or audio file, the next time I open the video project I get a "File not found" error. I have the option to search for the file, but this can be really tedious. In fact, I tried doing this and after relocating a bunch of audio files and the process stopped working after the first few. Now whenever I hit preview scene the program crashes. Hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why do you move the files?

I guess you have to recreate the video project. Or contact vsdc for support....
    Quote Quote  
  3. My folder was getting very cluttered so I decided to make sub folders.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Upon starting a project, the first thing you should do is make subfolders within the Project Root folder (which usually should be labeled with the Project Name, Datestamp, User, etc). Those subfolders are more functional, based on format, or content, or quality, media datestamp, or however you organize, and are labeled as such.

Then you move the media file(s) INTO those appropriate subfolders PRIOR to importing them into the project.

Better editors have better ways of asset management, but the above method should work with even the most rudimentary of DAM methods.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Excellent advice, and thank you for the help.
    Quote Quote