VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everybody!
    Just bought myself a new Samsung blu-ray player, but I can't make it region free.
    I have tried the sequence "Repeat 57538" (for region 2), but i will not work.
    Is there anyone else that have experience with this player, and making it region free?

Thanks in advance for your reply
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Authoring? Nope, I'm moving you to our dvd/blu-ray player section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Almost nothing sold by Samsung or Sony anywhere in the world can be made region free. Welcome to the club. In the future if you want region free, don't buy Samsung or Sony.

If an unlock code (also known as a "hack") ever existed for your player, it is possible that it only worked in another part of the world (probably Australia) or that your model has newer firmware and the hack really did work in the past, but the current firmware makes it fail. You could always look into the possibility of downgrading your firmware in such cases, but you may not be able to find older firmware. Even if you find it some models will not ever allow you to downgrade, and there is always the chance of something going horribly wrong and you turning your player into a brick.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    In the future if you want region free, don't buy Samsung or Sony.
    jman98, I appreciate this info.
    Last edited by InHiding79; 3rd Mar 2014 at 21:51.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Please, stick to the topic! I did not start this thread to discuss variuous dvd/blu-ray players! If anyone has any ideas about how to make the Samsung BDF6500 region free, please DO comment
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dalalaiassen View Post
    Please, stick to the topic! I did not start this thread to discuss variuous dvd/blu-ray players! If anyone has any ideas about how to make the Samsung BDF6500 region free, please DO comment
    I told you why your unlock code isn't working. It's not my fault if you believe that you still can make it work. And you don't own the forums. If you don't like what I said, too bad.

If you are really lucky, maybe someone will come along with a solution that will work (they probably won't but it is possible), but I did actually make a suggestion that you could look into instead of getting all pissy about it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Do not use repeat use pause (II), for new controls do not have repeat, forgive my english
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    use pause (II)
    Quote Quote