VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am a newbie,and this is a long read,please be patient with me,because this problem is driving me insane.

The other night my computer was forced to shut down. Here's the message.

"a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN, FOLOW THESE STEPS:

CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED. IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION, ASK YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ANY WINDOWS UPDATES YOU MIGHT NEED.
    IF PROBLEMS CONTINUE, DISABLE OR REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CACHING OR SHADOWING. IF YOU NEED TO USE SAFE MODE TO REMOVE OR DISABLE COMPONENTS, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, PRESS F8 TO SELECT ADVANCED STARTUP OPTIONS, AND THEN SELECT SAFE MODE.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION :
    *** STOP : 0X0000000A (0X00000004, 0X00000028, 0X00000002, 0XB04EA5DC)

BEGINNING DUMP OD PHYSICAL MEMORY
    PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE.
    CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMIN OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP FOR FURTHER"

Every time I try to use my HD PVR device,this message happens. I uninstalled,and reinstalled the drivers,and software,but the same error message keeps popping up. And it has to be the device itself,because I've hooked it up to three different computers,with the same results. Can anyone please help me with this problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JR1971 View Post
    I've hooked it up to three different computers,with the same results.
    I find that quite hard to believe.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Replace the device since you said it does this on 3 different computers.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just download BLUE SCREEN VIEW and check your problem. Its freeware and must have.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just found out that it records in standard definition smoothly. It's only when I try to record in 720p or higher that it shuts down.

I also would like to thank everyone for their suggestions so far.
    Last edited by JR1971; 26th Feb 2014 at 17:22.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    A LOT more details about the computer you are running it on if you want to get help. Also, what program are using to capture the video?

Only being able to record in standard definition is broken unless you are using a seriously underpowered computer to do this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Again, just download BLUE SCREEN VIEW and check your problem. Also, check Windows Event Viewer.
    Quote Quote