VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a doubt.
    I have a Blu-Ray files and I want to recode these files into AVCHD format and then burn it into DVD,
    Once I did it this and run the DVD into blu ray sony it pauses, the quality of the video and audio are good, but
    the video plays 2 or 3 seconds and then pause it, and go on this failure.

Anyone who have experiment this failure.

Thanks for anyone help
    Alex R.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What bit rate did you use? What program to create AVCHD did you use. Lower bit rate for AVCHD is a must if you put it on a DVD and expect it to play on a Blue Ray player.

I have had very good luck using this program: BDtoAVCHD to create DVD's that play AVCHD in blue ray players.
    Last edited by TreeTops; 24th Feb 2014 at 21:45.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, (std 2D) BD has a max bitrate of 48Mbps (video). AVCHD v1.0 on BD media has max allowable bitrate of 24Mbps. On DVD media, it has max allowable of 18Mbps. AVCHD v2.0 has increased the bitrate from 24 to 28Mbps, but DOES NOT ALLOW use on DVD media.

As with any media file, if you have it encoded at a higher bitrate than the playback/transfer medium can support (in this case ~2x DVD drive speeds), you will always have buffer underruns and their resulting skips.

To do it right: re-encode a version specifically for AVCHD-on-DVD-media using a max bitrate of 18Mbps. Yes it will lose some quality (esp. if you're going from the full 40->18), but it should still be reasonable quality, and you shouldn't have skips anymore.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    First of all I want to apologize with TreeTops and Cornucopia
    for the delay time I spent in my response, but I was´nt available to respond earlier.

You got totally right, once I change the Bitrate and put it around 18 Mbps the dvd runs perfectly.

Well, the only question remain is: If there any connection or relation between the Bitrate and the file size??:
    Blu-ray file = 48 Mbps 2.2 Gigas
    AVCHD file = 18 Mbps goes around 1 Giga

I don´t know if I am doing it the correct recode?

Once again Thank you very much for you help¡¡¡
    Alex R.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You did great. Glad you got it playing by lowering the bit rate. Yes, bit rate affects the size as you can see by your post.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, filesize = bitrate * running time

If your runtime is 7 minutes (aka 420 seconds) and your BD encode is 45Mbps, then 420 * 45 = 18900 Mb (aka 2.3GB).
    If your AVCHD encode of the same length is 18 Mbps, then 420 * 18 = 7560 Mb (aka 0.922GB).

Straightforward math.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Scott and TreeTops:

I dont know how to express my gratitude to you guys for you tremendous help. As you had seen I am not an expert video editor and you comments help me a lot.

Now I can understand the bitrate code and solve my problem with that.

Thanks Again and Best Regards
    Alex R.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Will BDTOAVCHD accept a TS file made from a PVR and convert to burn on a regular DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mou353 View Post
    Will BDTOAVCHD accept a TS file made from a PVR and convert to burn on a regular DVD?
    Make a new thread instead of hijacking this one. Just choose a forum and click on Post new thread.
    Quote Quote