VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings,

I am trying to fix a somewhat poor quality video for a family member. The video was a funeral service webcast that was burned to dvd after the fact by request so I suppose it wasn't originally aimed at being dvd quality. Since it is a sensative family matter I'd like to do what I can to improve the video and burn it to a new dvd.

There are 2 .vob files with a small portion of the end of the service in the 2nd .vob file, followed by a long amount of blank\black space I would like to merge them and remove the blank space.

In addition there is some sort of what I might call ghosting over the entire video, a thick bar moving horizontally and a thin line moving vertically accross the whole video over and over.

I am not certain where to begin what tools to use to best accomplish one or both of these goals.

Your advise is appreciated, thank you.

Huserx

:edit:

Adding the list of file names, the DVD has a menu but it is an ugly blue menu with one option to start the playback "1 L1 SP" so I won't miss it if it can be removed or replaced. These files are in a VIDEO_TS folder there are no other folders.

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_O.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_O1_1.VOB
    VTS_O1_2.VOB
    Last edited by Huserx; 24th Feb 2014 at 14:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Cutting off the unwanted blank space after the end can be easily done using VobBlanker, without reencoding anything and without losing the video or menu or anything else. Here's a guide:

http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/prevcut/index.php

As for the rest, a short sample will be needed, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. You can cut a short video portion using DGIndex. Open a VOB and scroll to a place with steady motion. Use the [ and ] buttons to isolate a small section. Then File->Save Project and Demux Video. Upload the resulting M2V here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I did this correctly as instructed attached is a section of the blank space it shows the ghosting or interference well.

:edit: for spelling.
    Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What can be seen in the attachement is throughout the video in the background faint but noticable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You purposely uploaded black? Maybe someone else can help. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You purposely uploaded black? Maybe someone else can help. Good luck.
    Yes, because in it the horizontal and vertical interference is more noticeable
    and because the rest of the video is private, being a funeral and all.

Thanks for your inquiry and well wishes.
    Quote Quote