VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using sony vegas pro 11 for video editing.

I would like to know if I want to insert effect (like hologram/holograhpic) in a moving-record-video is it easy ? or it should be greatly avoided and use a camera stand while recording video?

because for my knowledge, I know that place/implant some video effect (like hologram/holograhpic) will be very difficult and time consuming (because need edit it frame by frame if really serious).

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it no one can understand what this thread is asking?.. Please tell if the explanation is confusing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dotaplayer View Post

I would like to know if I want to insert effect (like hologram/holograhpic) in a moving-record-video is it easy ? or it should be greatly avoided and use a camera stand while recording video?

because for my knowledge, I know that place/implant some video effect (like hologram/holograhpic) will be very difficult and time consuming (because need edit it frame by frame if really serious).

A hologram of what ?

It's easy if you have the elements already separated with transparency (alpha channel), or if it's a shot that is easy to make a selection (e.g. shooting on a greenscreen)

It's easier to do if the background shot has no movement (e.g. tripod shot) , otherwise if there is motion most people use a motion tracker (not sony vegas, other tools like after effects ,mocha, nukex etc...)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Every compositing/tracking situation is unique. The more specific you can be, the more useful the help that can be offered.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by dotaplayer View Post

A hologram of what ?

It's easy if you have the elements already separated with transparency (alpha channel), or if it's a shot that is easy to make a selection (e.g. shooting on a greenscreen)

It's easier to do if the background shot has no movement (e.g. tripod shot) , otherwise if there is motion most people use a motion tracker (not sony vegas, other tools like after effects ,mocha, nukex etc...)
    I have after effect as well,

after viewing some tutorial of motion tracking. It is the exact answer I am finding !

Thanks again poisondeathray !!
    Quote Quote