VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I don't know how to make number runs automatically like this one. Do we have to code? Can anyone know and show me the tutorials about it? Thanks all!

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What software are you using?

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    What software are you using?

Brainiac
    I'm using Windows Movie Maker
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're going to have to do it manually or use more sophisticated tools. There is no way to do this automatically in WMM.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You're going to have to do it manually or use more sophisticated tools. There is no way to do this automatically in WMM.
    Do you know that sophisticated tools?
    Quote Quote  
  6. After Effects, Vegas, Premiere and Avid all have counters that can be manipulated in various ways. Various third party plug-ins also exist for them. You can create counters in Avisynth or FFmpeg over black video that you may be able to superimpose in WMM or virtualdub. You can try to find something suitable on the web as stock footage, again to superimpose.

There are many ways to skin this cat, each with its own workflow.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    After Effects, Vegas, Premiere and Avid all have counters that can be manipulated in various ways. Various third party plug-ins also exist for them. You can create counters in Avisynth or FFmpeg over black video that you may be able to superimpose in WMM or virtualdub. You can try to find something suitable on the web as stock footage, again to superimpose.

There are many ways to skin this cat, each with its own workflow.
    Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Here's simple AviSynth script that will produce a counter that changes with each frame:

Code:
    BlankClip(width=160, height=48)
    ScriptClip("""subtitle(string(current_frame*17+640000), size=40, text_color=$ffffff)""")
    In this case the counter starts with 640000 in the first frame and increments by 17 with each frame from there:

Name:  counter.png
Views: 352
Size:  1.9 KB

Since this is simple antialiased white text on a black background you can use the same video as an alpha channel. Here's the counter overlaid onto a small video, slowed to 2 fps:

Name:  numbers.gif
Views: 351
Size:  128.6 KB
    Last edited by jagabo; 22nd Feb 2014 at 10:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ jagabo, how do you make that clip last longer than 240 frames? I added "AssumeFPS(30000, 1001).Trim(0, 2000)", but to no avail.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    @ jagabo, how do you make that clip last longer than 240 frames? I added "AssumeFPS(30000, 1001).Trim(0, 2000)", but to no avail.
    adjust blankclip's length parameter

e.g.

blankclip(length=2000) would return a 2000 frame clip
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but I already figured out an alternative. I just wanted to make a 60 sec countdown. This is what I came up with for 29.976 fps:
    Code:
    BlankClip(width=220, height=200)
    ScriptClip("""subtitle(string(current_frame/1), size=200, text_color=$ffffff)""")
    AssumeFPS(1).ChangeFPS(30000, 1001)
    Trim(0, 1799)
    Reverse()
    It works well enough for my purpose.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Using a variation of Jagabo's script, I made a nice little 60 second countdown clock that anyone can use. It will make a good overlay for sports and such. Here it is:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote