VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just seen Amazon Instant Video HD.

The charge is $13.99 for "Buy HD". It is under Amazon Instant video. What do I get for $13.99

Is it possible to burn this streamed video onto a Blu-Ray? I want to play this Blu-ray disk - just like a normal Blu-ray disk.

Thanx
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    I have just seen Amazon Instant Video HD.

The charge is $13.99 for "Buy HD". It is under Amazon Instant video. What do I get for $13.99
    The right to play the video on supported players. That right can be take away any time they feel like it (read the small print in their T&Cs):

http://torrentfreak.com/amazon-pulls-access-to-purchased-christmas-videos-during-christmas-131216/

Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    Is it possible to burn this streamed video onto a Blu-Ray?
    Yes, but not legally.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it currently not possible to burn Amazon Instant video to disc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's possible: You need to have a player that is supported and has HDMI output, an HDCP stripper to remove encryption, then a video recording device that accepts HDMI input -- like an Hauppague HD PVR 2, and finally the software and hardware to burn a Blu-ray disc. But this is violation of the license.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    it currently not possible to burn Amazon Instant video to disc.
    It's not only possible but, given the right hardware as jagabo mentions, fairly easy.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The charge is $13.99 for "Buy HD". It is under Amazon Instant video. What do I get for $13.99
    Transcoded shit stream.

I prefer to buy BD/DVD for my collection for $19.99 or less from local authentic-wholesaler, rather than paying for transcoded shit and wasting bandwidth and time in downloading.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you liked the movie and think it's worth $13.99, buy it.

As for illegally copying stream and burning to disk. After your h/w expense + time and effort, is it really worth it for sub-standard quality? Not to me.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it is clearly a waste of time.

I appreciate your honesty.

Thank you very much
    Quote Quote