VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Legally purchased disc image (.iso) files. Burned to DVD-R discs.

Put into Playstation 3 Blu-Ray player with latest software updates.

PS3 does not recognize the disc (DVD Disc icon does not appear under "Video" icon as it does with other discs). Oddly this is only happen with the most recent two or three ISO's I've purchased, older discs I have that are image discs still work fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?

Discs work fine and take off fine on a regular DVD player. Which is fine... I guess. But I prefer to watch discs on my PS3 for various superficial reasons.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Where can you buy a "legal disc image" then burn it yourself to a DVDR ?!?!?!
    LOL!!

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?
    Not without a lot more information, unless you want 20 different assumptions from 20 different people!!

And what did you burn it with ?
    To what media ?
    What does this so called
    "Legally purchased disc image (.iso)"
    contain ?

As you see, an image file or ISO can contain ANYTHING as does not mean it is DVD compliant.
    Discs work fine and take off fine on a regular DVD player. Which is fine... I guess. But I prefer to watch discs on my PS3 for various superficial reasons.
    Hmmm.... so you prefer something that is trying to be an all in one instead of a dedicated working piece of hardware ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it could be the discs themselves. bad/cheap media. what brand of discs are these??? verbatim is the best.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The disc image is purchased from "Rifftrax" as one of their file format offerings.
    The program is "Power2Go" which came free with my computer, I've never had any problems with this software.
    The discs are Memorex brand DVD-Rs.

All of these have been the case for past ISO's that've worked fine, the last couple have not. The only thing that's changed since then is that the most recent discs I bought are the ones in the spindle instead of coming in individual jewel cases.

So I've got a collection of these "Rifftrax" ISOs that worked fine when purchased and continue to do so. I put the disc in and the PS3 recognizes them right away giving the "DVD-Video" icon on the dash. The last couple (again the only thing changing as far as I know is that purchased discs where on the spindle rather than in jewel cases) have not worked. I put the disc in and the PS3 sounds as if it's "spinning its wheels" trying to read the disc to no avail. PS3 has latest software updates. I can eject the disc (new, clean, no damage) put it in a regular DVD player and it takes off with out any problems.

The PS3 has worked fine for me for a long time as an "all-in-one" piece of machinery for DVDs, Blu-Rays and games as well as Netflix, Amazon Prime and others. I also have the Bluetooth remote for it, and the only remote I have for the DVD player is a universal remote as I've lost the original remote. (Don't use the DVD player much as there's little need to except in cases like this where the PS3 is being... picky on playing DVDs. Which I've had issues with on some other DVDs.)
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is Memorex brand dvds are crap and most people here use verbatim(not value brand)or TY,memorex are notorious for putting out discs that average from ok to downright unreadable.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote