VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! I'm a newbie in video editing, so I was trying to find a tutorial for how to do a scene switching through an object while the camera is rotating on the same center.
    The video camera is on a tripod support, and It's rotating around 360º slowly, but then it passes by an object that it's close by (for example a pillar), and then on the other side of the pillar there is another scene (from another recording in another place, and always like this, Can anyone help me? I can't find any tutorials, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Baldrick; 21st Feb 2014 at 07:40. Reason: Fixed thread title.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I fixed the thread title. My forum can't handle non ascii chars in the title.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry, I didn't know :P. I hope I expressed what I needed well and it's easy to understand my intentions
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Set up a Wipe transition between the two clips and place the boundary at the edge of the pillar and key frame it's motion to match the speed of the camera movement.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It sounds easy, but honestly I'm a complete newbie in editing so I don't know how to do any of that at all :P. Are there any video tutorial sugestions?
    Quote Quote  
  6. What editing software are you using ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I was going to decide on which Software to acquire after I know which would be more apropriate for the kind of editing I will mostly do, but probably it will be After Effects. I just really wanted to see if someone had an in depth guide on how to do this, or if there was some specific name for this tecnique that I don't know and that I could use to search for. Because so far I found nothing on this. No videos or written tutorial
    Quote Quote  
  8. Well I wouldn't base your purchase decisions on this alone.

Is the 2nd video scene static, no camera movement ? or is it similar to the 1st with rotation around a central axis ?

There are several ways you can do this , the easiest is probably to use 2 tracks. Keyframe the position parameter of 2nd video so the border is adjacent to the pillar . There can be some issues like field of view, rotation speed matching - but if you encounter those you will need to post a sample to get more specific help

If you don't know what "keyframes" are in editing, you got a bit of basic learning/reading to do first
    Quote Quote  
  9. After Effects would be one of the best options, also one of the more expensive and one of the harder to learn. (Though this particular effect shouldn't take too long to master.) You can do the same thing in Vegas Movie Studio, someone will chime in with AviUtl. If you're more interested in computers than video, Avisynth is the perfect tool.
    Last edited by smrpix; 21st Feb 2014 at 14:25.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're not going to find a video or written tutorial on every idea you come up with. Your idea seems very basic and you should be able to do it in any video editor that supports rotation and zooming, I can't think of any that don't. Just search for tutorials that cover camera movement and rotation.

What would help your cause is if you posted small sections of the end of scene1, beginning of scene2 and image of the pillars you want to use.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote