VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a whole bunch of .TS files which are, as far as I understand, in Blu-ray compliant format.
    Essentially they are all 1920 X 1080, MPEG-2, 18mbps, 16:9, 29.970fps, 8 Bit Depth, Interlaced format. The Audio in all of these files is AAC but I can convert & replace with AC-3 2.0, that's not an issue.

I can throw all these files in tsMuxer, select 'Blu-ray ISO' as the output and tsMuxer, without any Transcoding, gives me a nice Blu-ray ISO that plays well in Blu-ray player.

I just want to take this one step further. There are 19 ts files that are being thrown in. I would like to have a single Menu Page which lists the title of these 19 files so you can select which video to play. Nothing fancy; no animated menus; no multi-page menus.

How can I do this?

I tried DVD Architect Pro 6; no matter what I put in - it absolutely transcodes; I've checked specs to the T and still it will transcode video. From what I understand, it follows an extremely Strict guideline and will transcode no matter what you do. I'd like to avoid the video transcoding.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    I enjoy every moment of it!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried multiavchd? Maybe too complex.

Or maybe bdtoavchd or AVCHDCoder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

I'm looking at MultiAVCHD right now; definitely a little complex looking but I should be able to figure it out. I think it should work!

Thanks!!
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

As soon as I click on the "Create Top Menu" under the "Author" tab in MultiAVCHD, I get an error stating "AVISynth is not working properly".

I have installed & re-installed AVISynth several times now; doesn't help. Still the same error. Looked all over Internet and aside from suggestions of installing AVISynth individually (Which I've done), there's no solution. I don't know what the problem is but it doesn't look like I can proceed with authoring a menu with Multiavchd because of this Avisynth error.

Any ideas?

I'll try the other 2 programs you listed.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. None of these are panning out; different problems with all of them.

I wish I could fix the AVISynth issue w/ MultiAVCHD - it seems like it would work if I could just get past that error.

I've had other issues along the way; demuxing a TS containing an MPEG2 & AC3 using tsMuxer causes an audio-sync issue that I can't understand. The TS plays just fine; no sync issues. If I demux the 2 streams using tsMuxer - suddenly there is an audio sync; tried it in 2 different applications.

Nothing seems to be working out here for some reason.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Demuxing often causes audio sync issues, because the audio & video streams might be muxed with an offset (there might be a +/- ms delay on either the video or audio)

Where are the transport streams from ?

What does mediainfo (view=>text ) say about these files ? Copy & paste the text back here. It might be as simple as patching an entry to "convince" DVDA to allow pass through

Post the log file or error log from multiavchd - that might provide more details on the specific nature of the avisynth issue
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Demuxing often causes audio sync issues, because the audio & video streams might be muxed with an offset (there might be a +/- ms delay on either the video or audio)

Where are the transport streams from ?

What does mediainfo (view=>text ) say about these files ? Copy & paste the text back here. It might be as simple as patching an entry to "convince" DVDA to allow pass through

Post the log file or error log from multiavchd - that might provide more details on the specific nature of the avisynth issue
    I took a second look at DVD Architect and I've come very close to success with it, barring the audio sync issue.
    Let me try & detail what I've done & where I'm at.

My original .ts files contain MPEG-2 Video & AAC Audio.
    Following is the Mediainfo details on this Original TS file:

Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 17 (0x11)
    Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
    Format                                   : MPEG Video
    Format version                           : Version 2
    Format profile                           : Main@High
    Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
    Format settings, GOP                     : Variable
    Codec ID                                 : 2
    Duration                                 : 4mn 24s
    Bit rate mode                            : Variable
    Bit rate                                 : 18.6 Mbps
    Maximum bit rate                         : 19.0 Mbps
    Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
    Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate                               : 29.970 fps
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Interlaced
    Scan order                               : Top Field First
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.299
    Stream size                              : 587 MiB (94%)

Audio
    ID                                       : 20 (0x14)
    Format                                   : AAC
    Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile                           : LC
    Muxing mode                              : ADTS
    Codec ID                                 : 15
    Duration                                 : 4mn 25s
    Bit rate                                 : 144 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
    Channel positions                        : Front: L R
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
    Delay relative to video                  : -229ms
    Stream size                              : 4.55 MiB (1%)
    The only 2 issues that I had with DVD Architect were:
    • It wanted to Transcode the Video; I knew the video was already Blu-ray compliant so I really didn't want DVD Architect spending all that time transcoding the video.
    • It cannot accept & read AAC audio.

The solution to the AAC audio problem was easy; I used ffmpeg and this following script to convert AAC -> AC3 and repack into the TS container:

Code:
    "D:\Videos\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i %1 -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ac 2 -ab 192k "%~n1.AC3.ts"
    This above code gave me brand new TS files with the exact same video as before; but AAC converted to AC3.

Note - There is NO audio sync issues here; these files play absolutely perfect.

Following is the Mediainfo from this aac to ac3 converted TS container:

Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 4113 (0x1011)
    Format                                   : MPEG Video
    Format profile                           : Main@High
    Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
    Format settings, GOP                     : Variable
    Codec ID                                 : 2
    Bit rate                                 : 18.5 Mbps
    Maximum bit rate                         : 19.0 Mbps
    Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
    Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate                               : 29.970 fps
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Interlaced
    Scan order                               : Top Field First
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.298
    Stream size                              : 586 MiB (94%)

Audio
    ID                                       : 4352 (0x1100)
    Format                                   : AC-3
    Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
    Format settings, Endianness              : Big
    Codec ID                                 : 129
    Bit rate mode                            : Constant
    Bit rate                                 : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
    Channel positions                        : Front: L R
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth                                : 16 bits
    Delay relative to video                  : -321ms
    Stream size                              : 6.07 MiB (1%)
    Language                                 : English
    Now I started to address the 2nd issue with DVD Architect and I found the solution for it as well! If you DEMUX the TS container and feed the demuxed MPEG-2 Video to DVD Architect - it DOES NOT Transcode; it accepts the video and is willing to author it to Blu-ray ISO without transcoding.

I found this very interesting that the problem all along for DVD Architect was the Container; not the video. I found this because:
    • If you feed DVD Architect the TS Container; It will Transcode.
    • If you feed DVD Architect an M2TS Container created via tsMuxer of the same Video/Audio; It will Transcode.
    • However, if you feed it demuxed Video/Audio files (M2V, AC3); NO TRANSCODING!

So I've overcome the Video transcoding issue in DVD Architect; but here comes the Audio Sync issues. As soon as you DEMUX the TS Container using tsMuxer - audio is no longer in sync. I tested by playing Windows Media Player, MPC-HC and the built-in Preview in DVD Architect; the audio is out-of-sync in all 3 apps after demuxing it.

At this point, if only I can resolve the Audio Sync issue, I can definitely use DVD Architect as it won't transcode demuxed MPEG-2 stream.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Do you see that line in mediainfo :

Delay relative to video : -321ms

That's why you get the sync issue when demuxing. There is an A/V offset in the transport stream . A negative delay relative to video means the audio is shifted early, so everything is in sync

It's like this pictorally, when demuxed into elementary streams

Code:
    VVVV
    _AAAA

You want to cut 321ms at the beginning audio so they are aligned . There might be some useless padding at the beginning of the audio. The negative delay in the transport stream container does essentially the same thing
    Code:
    VVVV
    AAAA
    If the delay/shift is the other way , then you might add silence to the audio stream (ie pad the beginning of the audio)

delaycut might be helpful for these manipulations on fixing the ac3 stream
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/delaycut

dgindex when used for demuxing writes the value of the delay right into the filename, so that might be useful to
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/DGMPGDec
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 21st Feb 2014 at 14:50.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Do you see that line in mediainfo :

Delay relative to video : -321ms

That's why you get the sync issue when demuxing. There is an A/V offset in the transport stream . A negative delay relative to video means the audio is shifted early

It's like this pictorally

Code:
    _VVVV
    AAAA

You want to pad 321ms silence to the beginning audio so they are aligned, or cut 321ms of video off

Code:
    _VVVV
    _AAAA

delaycut might be helpful for these manipulations on fixing the ac3 stream

dgindex when used for demuxing writes the value of the delay right into the filename, so that might be useful to you
    FISH PASTE!!

You're correct! I see it. The problem is - I just went through some of my 21 TS Files that I'm trying to author to this Blu-ray ISO, and ALL of them have a delay of some sort; different values in each file.

In order to use DVD Architect, I will need to pad each & every single one of these 21 AC3 files with the appropriate amount of silence. The easier solution would be to be able to use the TS container, but that's not possible in DVDA - for that I would have to resolve the AVISynth issues in MultiAVCHD.

Let me take a look at Delaycut and see if I can do this without too much hassle.

Thanks man - Appreciate the help. I'll be posting back here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I edited my post above, I think I got the explanation reversed (the audio is shifted the other way, the delay is value in the transport stream) - but I'm sure you get the gist of it

There might be a way in DVDA to enter the +/- delay value, I can't recall. But a better way IMO is to fix the actual stream so there is no A/V offset

If you still want to debug the avisynth/multiavchd issue, post the log file. Did you install the 32bit version of avisynth ? Because 64bit avisynth is unstable
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 21st Feb 2014 at 15:01.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I edited my post above, I think I got the explanation reversed (the audio is shifted the other way, the delay is value in the transport stream) - but I'm sure you get the gist of it

There might be a way in DVDA to enter the +/- delay value, I can't recall. But a better way IMO is to fix the actual stream so there is no A/V offset
    Yes I actually noticed you had reversed it, which makes sense because the audio seemed to come in after the video in seeing it. I'm actually surprised I completed missed that very clearly stated line in MediaInfo - couldn't have been more apparent.

I looked at DVDA but I can't seem to find any settings that impact a delay value on the audio. You can do that in Vegas but nothing in DVDA. But like you stated - it will probably take me longer - but the better way to do it is to fix the offset altogether.

I have DelayCut here and it looks like it may do the job. I'm trying Hybrid right now in order to demux my 21 ts containers in batch; as opposed to do doing it one by one in tsMuxer.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  12. I think if you used eac3to , it will automatically fix delays and gaps. So you could batch demux with eac3to . That might save you a few steps. Hybrid might as well.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I think if you used eac3to , it will automatically fix delays and gaps. So you could batch demux with eac3to . That might save you a few steps. Hybrid might as well.
    Well, I just used Hybrid - it did very effectively batch demux all my 21 ts containers into MPV & AC3 files. But the audio is still out of sync on the demuxed files.

I'm not very familiar with eac3to - I've used it before but I don't know how to demux using it & handling the delay/gaps at the same time. Do you have a procedure I can use?

Also the reason I came in here to post after the Hybrid demux; I'm trying to use DelayCut and I'm not sure exactly how to cut off the 321ms from the ac3. Could use some tips.

Thanks again - appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote  
  14. for delaycut, you load the file, specify the output file/directory, and checkmark "cut", enter the value at the start in ms . Push process . It's pretty straightforward

for eac3to, you just run a batch command . I'll assume you already have the aac converted to ac3 from previously , in a .ts container from ffmpeg . It will automatically fix the delays and gaps, there is no need to specify other switches

Just replace "PATH" with wherever you put eac3to.exe

Code:
    for %a in ("*.ts") do "PATH\eac3to" "%a" -demux
    Quote Quote  
  15. Quick Note:

I'm rerunning the batch through Hybrid; found a setting to "Use delaycut to fix delays". Checked it and will see what it results in.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I think Hybrid did it!!! Just batch demuxed the 21 ts containers and played 2 mpv files; audio seems to be perfectly in sync!!
    Proceeding on to DVD Architect to make sure there's no transcoding & no audio sync issues.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Great.

If you still want to debug the avisynth/multiavchd issue, post the log file. Also did you install the 32bit version of avisynth? (64bit is unstable)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Great.

If you still want to debug the avisynth/multiavchd issue, post the log file. Also did you install the 32bit version of avisynth? (64bit is unstable)
    SUCCESS!!

I just threw the MPV into DVD Architect Pro; NO Transcoding and audio is in perfect Sync!! This is awesome. Now I can design nice fancy menus without limitations.

I can't thank you enough - for identifying the issue & pointing me in the right direction. You're gold mate.

Yes, I still want to debug the MultiAVCHD issue for any future use; I did indeed install the 64bit AVISynth - I'm going to go ahead & install the 32bit first and see if I still get the error, since you say the 64bit is unstable. I'll post back either way once I do that.

Thanks again!!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Use BluDisc Studio (BDS). The Lite edition is free and allows you to add upto 9 titles demuxed video/audio (from tsMuxer) and combine them into one disc.
    If you got more, you need the commercial edition, Bludisc Studio Standard (or above, MX, MX Pro).
    BDS does nothing for you in terms of transcoding video - it only uses what you provide and builds a bluray disc. If the video is not compliant to bluray standards (BDA / AVC) the result will also be unusable or aborts when tsMuxers tries to mux the tracks.
    Quote Quote