VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to watch DVD files (ripped discs) on my work laptop. The DVD's I ripped on my home computer, but in hopes of not having to travel with two computers (my work one is required), I want to watch them on my work laptop.

System is Windows 7, Enterprise. I have no admin rights. I'm using Media Player Classic, because it doesn't require an installer or admin rights to install, and plays DVD's.

Breaking Bad season 1 is playing fine, except there is no audio. Does anyone have insights into how to make the audio from TV Show DVD files play in media player classic? If there is a different player suggestion, keep in mind I don't have admin rights on the laptop.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have any sound ?

No sound could be...

1. Missing codec/filter. Try installing ffdshow
    2. Sound chip could have been disabled in bios simply to prevent employees using work equipment for pleasure (just a thought)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have sound in general, e.g. youtube videos and dings from emails / IM. Windows Media Player (the built-in program) has sound too.

Also, I later noticed that it appears the video is running at 1.5x or 2x normal speed. Not sure why that is happening, or if it could be related.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Media Player Classic. The other MPC options both require admin rights to install.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Use the portable version of MPCHC (no installation required, just extract the archive and run the exe). It has all the codecs you're likely to need built in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Use the portable version of MPCHC (no installation required, just extract the archive and run the exe). It has all the codecs you're likely to need built in.
    Works perfectly. Thank you!
    Quote Quote