VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Let's have a contest and see who can do it.

Last edited by budwzr; 20th Feb 2014 at 22:21.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Since you already have Vegas, you should stick with it as you can't go wrong. I've been editing with Vegas since version 6 and it always delivered.

I do like playing around with free apps and push them to see how far they can go. AviUtl is very impressive for such a simple little program. Playing around with motion tracking the other day and made this little spoof. Only free tools were used. The image and masks were done with Pain.NET and all editing in AviUtil:
    Thanks for your input

What would be the best settings for making a HD DVD to play on Bluray player/TV. My camera produces .mov files

I did an mp4 at internet 1280x720 25p 25 fps and it was good. But I do not see 1920x1080 at 25 fps.. There is an AVC HD 1920x1080 24p. Would that be good. I am confused about AVC HD is that the same as MP4 or better. And what is the best fps for a dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Dopey2013 View Post
    What would be the best settings for making a HD DVD to play on Bluray player/TV. My camera produces .mov files
    You need to make Blu Ray compatible files and author them in something like DVD Architect. Vegas has a number of MPEG-2 and AVC options for this, including the ability to export from the timeline. Generally you want to match the raster size and framerate of your source material.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    AVCHD is an encoded format for HD and SD video. It is similar in many ways to BluRay. MP4 is a container that can contain many encoded formats. Many players will not play MP4 files. A better container for AVCHD would be Mkv.

.mov is not compatible with BluRay or AVCHD. You have probably seen these two links previously, but you might want to take a look at them again:
    Encoding and other specs for BlueRay and AVCHD: https://www.videohelp.com/hd#tech.
    File organization for BluRay and AVCHD on disc: https://www.videohelp.com/hd#filestruct.

Because those specs are incomprehensible to most casual users, you can try this older thread on creating AVCHD video from .mov files using MultiAVCHD: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/308255-Creating-avchd-dvd-from-mov-file. Other members might have updated information about MultiAVCHD and other free programs like it. Understand, however, that "editing", encoding, switching containers, and authoring are different processes.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 04:48.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by Dopey2013 View Post
    You need to make Blu Ray compatible files and author them in something like DVD Architect. Vegas has a number of MPEG-2 and AVC options for this, including the ability to export from the timeline. Generally you want to match the raster size and framerate of your source material.
    but the mpeg2's are not HD are they? I cannot look at vegas now as it is rendering
    the raster size
    where do i get this
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    HD video is encoded as MPEG2 or MPEG4.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    HD video is encoded as MPEG2 or MPEG4.
    is mpeg 4 the same as mp4? an mp4 is encoded mpeg 4?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Read post #34
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Powerdirector latest should be on top because of its ability to do smart render even for 3D m2ts files. Sony vegas is tiresome and cumbersome for encoding 3D material although good for editing. And the fastest encoder for 3D material is Pinnacle studio 17. Now the test is that of smart editor who can preform from all this three smart rendering. Only Powerdirector wins.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, I may like it for that reason, but PD only "wins" if that is your one criteria.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PowerDirector sounds too close to putz detector to be a coincidence. hahaha

Whew! That's why I only do one show a night. hehehe
    Last edited by budwzr; 25th Feb 2014 at 01:00.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I would put Power Director and any Pinnacle product as being somewhere below the bottom of the heap in reliability and rendering quality, but up near the top at the read-my-mind-for-me level. But that might be what the O.P. needs. Seeing as how it's likely that "editing" will include maybe some color or contrast correction, or adding titles or subtitles or overlays, or audio tracks, or transitions, fades, starbursts, cutting and splitting and multiple cuts-and-joins, etc. -- all of which will defeat smart-rendering in these apps -- they are probably a good start.
    Quote Quote