Yep,its the paid version3.3 and still won't read my unfinalized discs.How many megabites should PRO have? I'm
getting 10 mb. And, Yes, it does read finalized discs.
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
May need more info ... did you try ...
http://www.isobuster.com/support.php ... ?
You didn't say whether it's 10Mb on disk or in RAM, but it doesn't matter either way. You'd be surprised the functionality you can get out of 10Mb.
What sort iof error message did you get?
I once had a situation where the free ISObuster totally goofed up. The drive itself had a problem with the disk
and had given up. The light went out, and the disk was no longer spinning. However, ISObuster,
which was still running, was unaware - behaved as if it were still working hard retrying those sectors...
You were warned that buying it might not give you any better result than the free one did (it didn't find anything either). Perhaps you misunderstood Cornucopia's post and you thought his use of the word "POSSIBLY" (in all caps in his post) meant something like "99% chance the pro version will work for you" when in fact he meant something like "1% or less chance that the pro version will find something that the free version can't". Read his post again.
Last edited by davexnet; 18th Feb 2014 at 17:13.
It's threw the disk in the trash.Inside Every Older Person Is A Younger Person Wondering What The Hell Happened.
So,jman are you telling me that the program works for some and others maybe?I have only read how great it is .Not one negative response.All I'm trying to do is finalize some DVDs that have some Blues music that I record every Satuirday from 1:00
to 5:00 called Mick Martins' Blues Party @capradio.org.I'm A Mobile DJ and I can't just throw 'em in the "drink".Yes,I should
have finalized but they played on my unit fine,until it crapped out.
So now you know my situation... and where to go for great music !
I just got a message from support.they said what I've been thinking all along :It's the DVD player.It makes sense too.It's an
Asus, SO.. what brand should I buy? I'm thinking all of them...Yamaha maybe.My friend use to have all kinds but he threw 'em out.
ISOBuster can't read your disc, you might as well play the lottery as buy the Pro version in the hope that it can read the disc. I have used the free version of ISOBuster before and in my opinion (at least this is how it seemed when I last tried it over a year ago), the free version admits when it can't read the disc, but it sort of implies or hints that just maybe the Pro version can have more luck. I can't tell you that there aren't any cases where maybe for some bizarre reason the Pro version read the disc and the free one didn't, but such cases, if they even exist, are VERY RARE. So rare that you shouldn't assume it will happen to you.
What happens in situations like yours is that the person with the crap disc gets so desperate to get it read that he will pay any price and try anything. ISOBuster is supposedly a great tool, but I've never had any use for it. The only time I tried to use it couldn't read my disc. It also couldn't tell me anything useful about the disc. I had to use ImgBurn to figure out that basically the DVD was botched on a recorder and it contained nothing. Apparently the person who made the disc started the recorder and then immediately ejected the disc or something like that, but only after a tiny bit of writing began, making the disc useless. Anyway, Cornucopia's point was to tell you that there might be some incredibly small chance, like in 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 or less that the Pro version might somehow get something out of your disc, but neither that nor the rave reviews were meant to convince you that with 100% absolute certainty the Pro version would save your disc. Some of our members have a habit of posting that certain things are possible, but they don't indicate that by saying "possible" they mean 99.99% not going to happen, so inexperienced members take "possible" to mean "100% for sure" instead of "almost 100% NOT going to happen" as the poster should have made clear.
I'm pretty sure it's the Asus Reader. I've deal;t with their cheap ass products before.No, I'm not going to run down to Best But
and pay retail for somethjing that might work.And as far as the media on the discs I know are good because I've plazyed em
When I record the Blues show I hit Record and walk away (about 2 hours )
Well, I'm not a fool: I wouldn't ever say it could do it 100%. But I'm not counting the software out yet, either.
For instance, sounds to me like you've tried to read this disc in only ONE drive. How can you say "it can't be read" if you haven't played the field and tried the disc on other drives? That's kind of the whole benefit behind the IBP/IBQ managed files I mentioned.
Also, did you try to "Find lost files and folders" or to read the raw hex values of the sectors ("Sector Viewer")? Even if nothing is complete on it, you possibly could transfer what material MIGHT be available (up to a point), using Sector Extraction. And note that many of those mentioned modules are NOT available in the free version. So there is some utility to be had by the Pro version, regardless of the outcome of THIS disc.
Next, and this could be the most important: How do you truly know you actually DID put something on there? So far what I have heard is that you've "done this before so it should have worked the same way this time". But if you didn't even stay in the room, you don't really know if it actually attempted to record anything.
One way to check that is to put it in the original recorder, but if as you say it is kaput, then your next best option is to get a hold of another recorder of the same or very similar model.
If your recorder TRULY DID record SOMETHING onto that disc, there should be a way (or combination of ways) to get ISOBuster to give up most, if not all, of that existing info. I just isn't clear to me that you even have a legit recorded disc (even if unfinalized).
Lastly, ISOBuster ought to be controlling your optical reader, but there is a possibility that for some reason Windows itself still has some control over it. If it does, when it encounters an unfinalized disc, it might look to be a BLANK disc. Then ISOBuster is having to start off by fighting the pre-"judgement" of its OS. This might be influencing it. Not sure if that's possible, but you can't discount the possibility either.
The way to bypass that problem is to hold down the SHIFT key while mounting the disc (after it loads). This should instruct the OS to not try to read and AutoPlay the disc, which should then leave full control to ISOBuster (or any other reading app). Then you should get truer results (whatever they may be).
When IsoBuster says "Blank disc" it is basically the drive that says blank disc (*). It means that the drive responds with the "blank disc" error message on every command that is sent. So on a Read command it would get back "blank disc" etc.
That is because drives don't want to read on (what they think is) unrecorded area.
There's nothing that can be done about that but try different hardware or do trickery to fool your hardware (which implies breaking open the drive etc. so I'm not going to go into that now)
(*) unless you find a bug, in which case let me know, but I'm not aware of any and this is many-years-proven-code. Of course there's always that dodgy buggy firmware-drive that messes up years of testing and implementing.
Of course there are a number of reasons why a drive may see the disc as blank. Critical areas unreadable (in which case another drive may help) OR critical areas never written (in which case you'll probably have no luck with another drive either).
DVD recorders are basically black boxes and they do as they like, update when they want to etc, without much care for compatibility *until* the disc is so called "Finalized". If the recorder never bothered to update the DVD structures, then a PC based drive can only conclude that no tracks /sessions have been written yet.
About some of the comments I read here. I scanned through it, sorry, I have so much work on my plate today, I may have missed things.
I never claim that the paid-for version may read what the free version can't. NEVER. In fact I always ask people to try the free version first because if the free version can't find it, the paid for version won't either. There is no difference other than that the paid for version allows you to extract files that the free version may not allow. See: http://www.isobuster.com/license-models.php Also read" If you run into functionality that needs to be paid for, you will be prompted. There are no hidden features so you need not to wonder what a paid for version would show extra."
Of course there's a variability that is uncontrollable nor predictable. Some drives are not consistent when they return data, especially if case of marginal media and/or marginal reading. Suddenly an internal drive reset or for instance internal drive temperature etc. can play a role. To be honoust this is very rare (that I know of) but it's also very possible. A disc's properties will be slightly different at 20 centigrade compared to 60 centigrade etc. and drive firmwares can be buggy.
Haven't had a chance to try another drive yet .Whatever the result I really appreciate all the feedback!
Ill post again following the change over.