VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Thread
  1. Who can help me?
    I use Coral VideoStudio x6. I tried to capture my homevideo's. The third tape give a message: Dit bestand kan niet worden vastgelegd omdat het auteursrechtelijk beschermd is. In English: This file can not be stored because it is copyrighted.

    Why this message, as the tape has been made by myself? A VHS-C tape!

    Best regards,
    Gino Muller
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    look for a little switch on the end of the tape cartridge. it prevents the tape from being copied.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes a tape can send a weak signal that the capture device/software interprets as macrovision protection.

    Try a different capture program.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    look for a little switch on the end of the tape cartridge. it prevents the tape from being copied.
    Yes, I do understand the switch is for safety, that you cannot overwrite the tape itself. However I want to capture the tape with Coral.

    Thanks anyway for your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Sometimes a tape can send a weak signal that the capture device/software interprets as macrovision protection.

    Try a different capture program.
    Thank you for your reply. What kind of capture program do you use?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    You do not give any details of your capture device etc.

    But you can check out the tools section for various programs.

    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/capture

    It all comes down to what drivers your device uses. ie DirectShow or WDM

    Another thing. Are you using a VHS-C adapter ? Can you connect the camera direct to the capture device ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    You do not give any details of your capture device etc.

    But you can check out the tools section for various programs.

    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/capture

    It all comes down to what drivers your device uses. ie DirectShow or WDM

    Another thing. Are you using a VHS-C adapter ? Can you connect the camera direct to the capture device ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    No I don't have the VHS-C camera anymore.

    I bought an USB converter/stick called EZcap. Attached was a Ulead capture program. Nowadays Ulead is called Coral. Now I use Coral VideoStudio Pro 6x. Before this I used Nero. Nero and Ulead gave synchronization problems. Coral VideoStudio pro 6x worked properly for the normal VHS-tapes. Good quality film and sound. The VHS compact tape's give only a problem at the moment. And yes I do use an VHS-C adaptor in a JVC HR-DVS1 recorder (VHS/miniDV combi-recorder)
    In the Device Manager I found for "WD Drive Mangement devices": "WD SES Device".
    Is this the info you pointed to?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search Comp PM
    If it's what I think it is (what was suggested in post #3 above), you will likely end up needing to get a TBC for it to be truly fixed. If this is only a problem for ONE tape, though, I'd suggest just sending it to a conversion lab.

    Scott
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    The drivers for the Ezcap will be found under audio/video controllers.

    I do not own a Ezcap so I do not know what they support. I suggest you try various capture programs. So will work. Others will not. Start with virtualdub - plenty of topics on here to help you set this up.

    Corel (not Coral ) software is, despite what many will write on here, quite good but it is also quite sensitive when it comes down to macrovision, or in your case 'fake' macrovision detection.

    But I will concur with Cornucopia. Depends on how many of these VHS-C tapes are giving problems. A suitable TBC (Time Base Corrector) could cost more than sending these tapes to a transfer service.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Wonder if the VHS-C tape was recorded in EP mode. These have been proven to be problematic for me.

    Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member DB83's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    There is one other possible solution.

    Some PCI capture cards are known to ignore macrovision. One example is the Hauppuage WinTV Express which I have in my system.

    But....

    These cards are not supported beyond WinXP
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date: Oct 2004
    Location: Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    There is one other possible solution.

    Some PCI capture cards are known to ignore macrovision. One example is the Hauppuage WinTV Express which I have in my system.

    But....

    These cards are not supported beyond WinXP
    The Hauppauge Colossus PCI-e card has a hidden TBC you can turn on with a registry change and it works under Win 7 and below. Probably works under Win 8 too but I have no way to test that.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    Wonder if the VHS-C tape was recorded in EP mode. These have been proven to be problematic for me.

    Brainiac
    The VHS-C tape was recordered in normal standard mode SP mode, because of the best quality.
    I think I have to try different Capture programms
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    If it's what I think it is (what was suggested in post #3 above), you will likely end up needing to get a TBC for it to be truly fixed. If this is only a problem for ONE tape, though, I'd suggest just sending it to a conversion lab.

    Scott
    Thanks Scott for your reply. I'm convinced by you all that it is the TBC. However I'll try all the suggested possibililties if I have the time in the weekends.
    Gino
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The drivers for the Ezcap will be found under audio/video controllers.

    I do not own a Ezcap so I do not know what they support. I suggest you try various capture programs. So will work. Others will not. Start with virtualdub - plenty of topics on here to help you set this up.

    Corel (not Coral ) software is, despite what many will write on here, quite good but it is also quite sensitive when it comes down to macrovision, or in your case 'fake' macrovision detection.

    But I will concur with Cornucopia. Depends on how many of these VHS-C tapes are giving problems. A suitable TBC (Time Base Corrector) could cost more than sending these tapes to a transfer service.
    Sound, video and game controllers:
    - High Definition Audio Device
    - IDT Hight definition Audio CODEC
    - USB 2861 Device
    - USB EMP Audio Device

    USB 2861 Device = EZCapture
    Properties does not show if it DirectShow or WDM

    I tried to figure out what the diference is between these two systems.

    Thanks so far. I'll try different capture programs for sure. And I''m convinced by you all that ist must be the TBC.
    Best regards,
    Gino
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads