I'm not too sure where to ask this, but I figured here would be good since I'm still a bit of a newb.

Recently, I started recording my let's play series to DXtory, and a friend suggested that I download the utvideo codec and use that.

After my first test recording clip everything was fine until I imported the video into premiere which crashed the importerprocessserver.exe. I tried another utvideo recording option, and yet another fail. On the final option it opened perfectly fine, and I could edit with the video in realtime.

However, now after doing a full few sessions I had the IPS.exe crash on me yet again. I looked around online and heard someone say download k-lite. Well I could import again, only problem is the decoder that is being used is so bad that my edits and cuts don't seem to register in the final render (even in program editing) I will slice a clip and position it where I want, but when I watch it in it's entirety in the program, or as a rendered clip, it'll be acting like it was sliced elsewhere in the clip. The other problem I see is that the video in the editor moves one frame once in a great while, or will loop back on itself.

So my question is: is there a way for me to encode the videos into another format (I don't care if I end up with lossless or not) that I know agrees with my system, or options I should set up in the decoders, or a better codec pack?

I use Premiere Pro CS4

----------Mediainfo for the file--------------
General
Complete name : D:\RECORDINGS\FRAPS\tomb4 2014-02-14 00-16-10-468.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Format profile : OpenDML
File size : 1.99 GiB
Duration : 1mn 16s
Overall bit rate : 223 Mbps
Original source form/Distributed by : Video:UtVideo YUV422 BT.601 (ULY2) VCM Audio:Realtek HD Audio Input
Writing application : DxtoryCore ver2.0.0.122

Video
ID : 0
Format : YUV
Codec ID : ULY2
Codec ID/Info : Ut Video Lossless Codec
Codec ID/Hint : Ut Video
Bit rate : 222 Mbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 1 024 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 5:4
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
Compression mode : Lossless
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 5.657
Stream size : 1.99 GiB (100%)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Joint stereo
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 320 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 2.93 MiB (0%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 997 ms (29.92 video frames)