VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to know if it's possible to rip a special picture in picture feature from a blu ray disc. I could rip it the chapters and some others extras with MKVMaker but no that one
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you using MakeMKV to rip to MKV or Blu-Ray folder?

If MKV, that's just not happening. If BD folder, only full disc will retain interactive features. If MakeMKV is stuffing up, try another decrypter/ripper and copy full disc. Blu-Rays with things like PiP are necessarily complex, and may defeat a ripper until it's updated specifically for that disc.

AFAIK, all interactive features like PiP, interactive timeline, etc, are java based and will only work playing full disc, BD structure.

Apologies if I've misunderstood your question. And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    AFAIK, all interactive features like PiP, interactive timeline, etc, are java based and will only work playing full disc, BD structure.
    That's the first thing that came to my mind also.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Are you using MakeMKV to rip to MKV or Blu-Ray folder?
    I'm using MakeMKV to rip to MKV. frankly I just ripped a pair of BD so far I'm very new on this.... For what I understand on your reply, I will try to rip my DB as a complete folder and if that doesn't work I will try with another decrypter/ripper.
    For the info I've been reading PIP are not easy to catch but i will continue trying with this.

Thanks so much for your answer and welcoming me here too
    Quote Quote