VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ranman9
    remember when tv was free !! now you pay $$$ to cable providers, with lots of channels, with little value worth wathing. you can spend hours looking thru there menu, after you spent the time learning the workings of the new and different remotes thay give you when you have bought there package. when in the end I feel I could go back in time when this was simple as mainking toast! Watching some local or nat. news, sports ect. was analog, I get that. Digital is very cool I know, got the converter box for over the air, yada, yada, yada. But living near a Navy base that scrambles all the OTA, signals in my area is, well, what it is I guess. I feel like the CEO of the (TIME VAMPIRE) club. So now I pay some what less and use Netflicks, Hula, Amazon. and a old Ruke box. Sorry for the vent. I think thay should have a Forum section here called (The big Vent) well I feel better. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wait (if) the Comcast / Time Warner merger goes through. I can't imagine any scenario where this will benefit the consumer, not to mention Internet neutrality.

rcubed
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    sdsd
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    sdfsd
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ranman9 View Post
    .................... Sorry for the vent. I think thay should have a Forum section here called (The big Vent) well I feel better. Thanks.
    Vent forum here ..... YES ...... I agree 100 percent.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    no
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is more free now than there ever was. In many locations all you need is an antenna and you get a dozen or more OTA channels many in HD. Maybe you have to move if you can't get any. When I was a kid we had 1 channel for quite a few years and ended up with 1-2 French and 3 English stations available with rabbit ears before cable came along.

Oh and we had to walk 8 miles to school uphill both ways in 6 feet of snow.

btw) When it comes to rants....

In my city we have people who bought cheap house near the city dump and now they complain about the smell and want the dump closed or moved at great cost to the rest of the taxpayers to raise their property values.

Then we have the ones who bought cheap houses in line with the airport runways and complain about the planes flying too close overhead so they want changes made or airports moved.

Then of course the ones who bought cheap housing on a busy thoroughfare but want to put stop signs at every corner to slow down traffic

The ones who bought cheap houses near busy highways then want expensive barricades put up to block the noise.

And then............You know.

Good test thread.
    Last edited by gll99; 8th Mar 2014 at 18:08.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote