VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been trying to record a video stream with a few screen capture programs but the video is choppy due to the fact that I don't have a dual core computer, however I do have an TV Tuner (PVR550) card that has it's own MPEG processor and is capable of recording TV in very good quality. I would like to send the video stream directly to my tuner card. I've tried several things already like connecting my S-video-out on my video card to the composite-in on my tuner card but the video is blurry and not good quality. Is there a way via software to send the video stream internally to the tuner card?

2. S-video is much lower resolution than your desktop. You won't ever get a sharp picture. Take a screen capture of your desktop and reduce it to 640x480. That will be about as sharp as you'll ever get from an s-video signal.

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    S-video is much lower resolution than your desktop. You won't ever get a sharp picture. Take a screen capture of your desktop and reduce it to 640x480. That will be about as sharp as you'll ever get from an s-video signal.
    Yes your right. The video I want to record is 720x480 and the tuner card records pretty good at this resolution, but like I said the s-video output is awful. This has been an interesting problem, since the tuner card writes video data to the computer, surely there must be a way to send video to the card? No?

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yort View Post
    Is there a way via software to send the video stream internally to the tuner card?
    No. There is no way to send video and/or audio for encoding via its PCI connection. Your TV card's hardware only allows input from the RF connection for its analog tuner or its analog inputs. Even if you could use the PCI connection to supply input to the hardware encoder, it can only handle standard definition input, and the resulting picture would be about as fuzzy as S-Video was.