VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    What do you mean by "processing"? Most Avisynth and VirtualDub filters won't work with YUY2.
    Most of modern filters works in YUY2 so i'm not sure which filters you are referring non YUY2 compliant - also there are some tricks to keep vertical chroma at maximum resolution. Anyway conversion YV12 to YUY2 is practically lossless and conversion from YUY2 to YV12 is always lossy as vertical number of samples is halved - also YV12 is sensitive to context (progressive/interlace) so processing path must be controlled from start to end carefully.
    And always if there is some filter that work only in YV12 space it can be introduced later in chain.

Btw as YUY2 i'm referring to 4:2:2, not to particular sample organization (planar/interleaved).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    By YUY2 I think you're rfeferr9ing to YUY2. Period.

Try running these plugins in YUY2. This is only a partial list. Other plugins and routines not shown will also include these as support files:

AAA
    DAA
    SangNom
    SangNom2
    SAA
    FixChromaBleeding
    GradFun2DBmod
    Deblock_QED
    SmoothD2
    BlindDeHalo3
    DeHalo_alpha
    aWarpSharpDering
    EdgeCleaner
    HQDering
    BlendBob
    QTGMC (YUY2 only with mt_masktools-25.dll v2.0.45.0)
    srestore
    RemoveBlend
    DeScratch
    ChubbyRain2
    Bifrost
    CheckMate
    DeCrawl
    LUTDeCrawl
    DCTFun
    SmoothUV
    TemporalDeGrain
    Deen
    DfftestMC
    MCTemporalDenoise
    RemoveDirtMC
    RemoveSpotsMC
    ColourLike
    SmoothAdjust
    Ylevels
    FastLineDarken
    FastLineDarkenMOD
    mfToon
    Toon
    aWarpSharp
    aWarpSharp2
    LSFmod
    FineSharp
    MedianBlur
    SeeSaw
    MaskTools
    MaskTools2
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 05:17.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    By YUY2 I think you're rfeferr9ing to YUY2. Period.

Try running these plugins in YUY2. This is only a partial list. Other plugins and routines not shown will also include these as support files:

Where i'm referring to YUY2 i'm referring to 4:2:2 not to internal byte/bits orientation due of some processing requirement (such as MMX or SSE) - period.

Most of those filters are outdated, some of them are really OK thus it is worth to play with tricks to use them in pseudo YUY2 space (i.e. YV12 but transparent from mathematical point of view) and YV12 limitations are obvious for video processing - display fully saturated red, sharp edge object over fully saturated blue background.

And most important for you - still capturing (analog source) in YUY2 you will not loose quality even after conversion to YV12 for further processing - this is why 4:2:2 is used in professional broadcast and 4:2:0 is consumer - low grade format.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, capturing VHS to YUY2 is the way to go. None of those plugins is "dated", if by dated you mean non-operational. They're still in popular use. If they still work for a specific purpose, they're still useful.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 05:18.
    Quote Quote