VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. (This is a semi automatic translation, sorry about that)

Hello. I have a problem with embedded ASS / SSA subtitle format. I use Ubuntu 10.04 with Avidemux 2.5.4. and some characters appears without outline with no apparent reason. For example, the body of the letter "i" no gets the edges of the bottom. I thought maybe the problem is the libass4 library, so I reinstalled it, but nothing happened. Some outlines refuses drawn. I do not know if it's legal, but I'll put here a link so you can see what it's the problem. The font that I use is Nexa Bold. The problem occurs with some other fonts. ¿What can I do?

Quote Quote  
  2. The problem occurs with some other fonts.
    Do the fonts where this happens have something in common? Maybe it only happens with .otf fonts?
    Might be a problem with Ubuntu 10.04 using some old libass,..
    If you would share an example file other users could check if the problem also occurs on their systems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I updated my Avidemux using GetDeb repos and apparently the problem only occurs with this font. I put the font link here. I try various otf fonts, but the bordes draw well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. if it only happens with that font you might want to report it to the avidemux folks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, I've done that here. Thanks for help
    Last edited by Coco_coco; 16th Feb 2014 at 00:16.
    Quote Quote  
  6. a. You should provide more infos, like a sample .ass file (with all the needed fonts) and the info what OS, what Avidemux version you are
    using.
    b. that is not the Avidemux bug tracker or similar, see: http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=general:bugtracker on how&where to report problems with Avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I post my problem here and here, with all info I can offer. Only let wait ... some little help. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Coco_coco; 18th Feb 2014 at 06:54.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Do not know if what I did is legal, but I solved (partially) the problem with the font rendering. With FontForge I opened the font, and I redrew problematic characters again. With some of them (the most critical, the "i" and the question marks) it worked, but not others... This is the only thing that solved my problem...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Why haven't you pasted into the official bug tracker I recommended?
    Other than that only thing I can think of is simply using another font.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I did it. But since there are no answers, I looked for solutions myself. And I searched for a week other fonts, but I found no legible enough, so... Anyway, thanks for the help and maybe I should close this post, do not you think?
    Quote Quote  
  11. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    FWIW --- the outline and the shadow effects of VSFilter work as they should with the font "Nexa Bold", so the root of the problem really must be in Avidemux.

Originally Posted by Coco_coco View Post
    And I searched for a week other fonts, but I found no legible enough, so...
    It's difficult to believe that a poor sub-clone of Borial and Hellvetica is incredibly «more legible» than many other well-known fonts

Anyway, if that font is what gives you what you want, so be it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    It's difficult to believe that a poor sub-clone of Borial and Hellvetica is incredibly «more legible» than many other well-known fonts
    I don't understand... It's ironic, is not it? The font really looks pretty good in videos... XD
    Quote Quote