VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get Showtime Anytime on my PCs but not off my Time Warner digital cable box to my LCD TV.
    I have a Dell Inspiron 15, N5030 laptop with VGA connector and a Sharp LC-46SB54U TV with the same connector. Will the video/ audio transfer via a VGA wire?

Although the cable box has different outputs, it is limited to basic Showtime On Demand movies and series, not entire series.

The only other connectors on the TV are component video, HDML and RCA type input plug-ins, but no ethernet nor USB like on the laptop.
    Last edited by senkosam; 15th Feb 2014 at 01:39.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The video will go to your tv with the vga but you have to connect your audio out from your laptop to the tv audio in.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A have a mini-jack/ RCA plug that should work. Now I just have to get a VGA wire.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The quality you get will depend on the highest resolution of the video chipset in the laptop and the native resolution of the TV. Some TV's have a native resolution of 1360 x 768 and most video chipsets can output this, more modern TV's have higher resolutions (1920 x 1080) which are better as long as your laptop can output it. The higher you can get, the better.
    Quote Quote