VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I uploaded a 1080 test video to youtube. The source was from www.v6rz.net, an mpeg2, 1080p, 29.97fps file. The youtube player shows a 1080p version available, but the Firefox extensions download helper and download flash and video only show max 720p versions. The video is here http://youtu.be/WJZuScUC0qw
    Why can't I d/l the 1080p version? I specifically wanted to test something.

Btw, the video came down as 16:9, 720p, 209Kbps, avc High@3.1, cabac/1 ref, 192Kbps audio @ 44.1KHz, AAC (lc).
    Is there an up-to-date table of resulting video formats?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I got the 1080p version easily enough using Freemake Video Downloader.

http://files.videohelp.com/u/54890/horzpix1.mp4
    Last edited by manono; 14th Feb 2014 at 13:37.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks for the tip! Yes, this software gave me more option to download the video, including 1080p. So much for the firefox extensions.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can download the 1080p version using Firefox with the Youtube Video and Audio Downloader extension.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-video-and-audio-dow/?src=api
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just tried that one as well, but couldn't get the 1080p version. Could you tell me the steps you used to achieve this? I find the program a little confusing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Click on the "2" at the bottom of the orange downloader window.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, finally getting somewhere. The problem was that I didn't restart *all* my Firefox windows. And of course, I lost all my tabs in the process (Restore previous history just gave me the "Install extension" tab).

I can only get the 1080p stream as video only. I think that's why many of these extensions don't work; apparently only up to 720p is available as a combined video/audio. In order to get 1080p, I have to download separate audio and video streams, then install ffmpeg to have them combined. Also, you only get the 128Kbps AAC audio this way - the 720p stream has 192Kbps audio, so ideally you'd download the 720p combined, 1080p video, then somehow mix and match them.

But for testing what the average viewer gets presented, the default 1080p combo is what I want.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Deceased
    Search PM
    The audio and video has to be combined, because they are sent separately. There is no other way, the flash player does this too. The 720p video source is sent with 192k by the choice of YouTube. I checked the flash player, and 1080p plays with 128k also. So, that is how they are sending it. You could easily remux the audio if you'd like.
    Last edited by blimey; 16th Feb 2014 at 14:41.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    masstube or chrispc free video tube both allow 1080
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sorry to dig up a old thread,I cannot download youtube videos in 1080p. I'm surfing from cyber cafe due to that i can't install
    any software on they PC.

Is there any extension for chrome to downloads 1080p videos directly from youtube. I love them to watch on my mobile.Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have an android phone, then install tubemate, it will download 1080p to the phone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    will this help.....

i think that browsers (with the help of the connection speed) dictates what will be shown by default.

i made three attempts:

1st pass -- in my case, since i only have DSL speed (1.4Mb/s, or 123Kb/s actual transfer speed) my Opera browser always
    defaults to 360p videos. if i want to see anything higher, then i have to manually select it, if available.

2nd pass -- so, after the video finished, i selected the 1080p HD, but when the video finished, it turned out to be a 1280x720p.
    i double-checked the setting and the 1080p HD selection was grayed out. must have happed in the 2nd pass auto-decision.

3rd pass -- then, i select the 'rewind' icon and then quickly selected the setting icon and the 1080p HD selection was again available. by that time, the video (thanks to slow DSL) just began to play. when it finsihed, it turned out to be the 1080p HD selection. i double-checked the setting and it was not grayed out.

perhaps all these were isolated events with your videos and/or, it takes youtube several days or longer to process your videos, and people received different results over that time period. i'm just theorizing. hope this helps you figure things out. youtube is quirky, to say the least.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks! All of you guys,I'll try as said and revert back to you.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hell yeah Again i can't download video from youtube through chrome,don't know which extension to install,i can't see download button option
    on youtube.Before i use to,any help i have install tamper monkey extension tried to refresh the video from youtube which i wants to download
    i can't see the download button to copy the video.anyone knows why is that?

i can't install any software on pc cos i'm surfing the net from cyber cafe.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Google does not allow downloading YT videos in Chrome. Extensions for Chrome that can download flash video from other site are not allowed to download from YT.

Use Firefox with its extensions YT downloading. You can use portable Firefow from your USB stick.
    Quote Quote  
  16. ...
    Last edited by sysanin; 13th Nov 2015 at 17:59.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I use internet download manager to download youtube videos.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I tested jagabo's suggestion:
    http://www.clipconverter.cc/

It appears (if you choose to convert the youtube video, not just download it) that the above website (clipconverter) is a replacement for the old Zamzar. Zamzar said they had to stop allowing downloading youtube due to legal reasons. So I wonder how long clipconverter will be able to do it. Interesting, if you use clipconverter to just download youtube (not convert) , the website just provides a google link to download the video. Since google is blocked in china, I can't download the video. However, if I choose clipconverter to convert the video ( like to avi), then the resulting download link doesn't contain google, so therefore I can download it. Very interesting. I would have to say that clipconverter is one of a kind, unique, no other such type website. It's probably run in the corner of somebody's basement, don't know how long it will continue.
    Last edited by jimdagys; 2nd Jul 2014 at 18:51.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Since google is blocked in china, I can't download the video. However, if I choose clipconverter to convert the video ( like to avi), then the resulting download link doesn't contain google, so therefore I can download it. Very interesting.
    Because they download the Youtube video to their server in Australia(?) then you download the file from their server.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Avast anti virus doesn't like the Firefox addon download program posted in #4 above.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  21. I use MassTube to download videos with sound from YouTube in Full HD 1080p, Quad HD 1440p and Ultra HD 2160p 4k (still working great so far)
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MassTube
    Last edited by HitLet; 30th Jul 2014 at 21:22.
    Quote Quote  
  22. HitLet, were you able to download MassTube without all that adware stuff?

OK, I just read your comments on the download page. But I would like someone else to verify that it has no adware.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  23. @TreeTops: From the uploaded file in VideoHelp site:

https://www.videohelp.com/download/MT_Install_2.8.0.290.zip

Its clean and without ads/toolbars. Please check VirusTotal scan (detections: 0 / 43):

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ca23564fe25f735838ac25836094f3268ac5b0059e18c0fce2f...is/1406874311/

So don't worry. This is the second edition of installer (without ad/toolbars! is not the same file signature hosted in the official author's homepage!).
    Quote Quote  
  24. I have had very good luck with WinX YouTube Downloader
    http://www.winxdvd.com/youtube-downloader/

I have not detected any adware or spyware with Malwarebytes and it gives you a list of all of the resolutions available so you can choose.

It is free, so I think it is worth a try.

HTH
    Quote Quote