VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, I'm sitting here with about 60 AVI files. They were probably ripped from VHS, but since I can't find them elsewhere quality is fine with me.

The sound however is annoying. It's got a slight hum which I'll probably have to live with, but the audio is only out of the left ear.

What's the easiest way to make the sound come out of both ears? I don't really feel like separating audio on 60 files, converting it, then importing it, and encoding a video.

Is there an easier way?

I have Premiere and Powerdirector 11.
    Last edited by yuppicide0138; 13th Feb 2014 at 20:28.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In Premiere load each file onto the timeline and drop the audio effect FILL LEFT onto the clip. Then render out. You will lose quality though. You can use Media Encoder and queue up the files, then batch process them instead of rendering one by one.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Easiest way is to put a stereo-to-mono adapter plug.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    all tv shows are copyrighted. what you have are illegal copies, no matter that you paid an ******* for them. don't ask for help here advertising what you have is warez.

[edit] dam censored again
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can probably reduce the hum with the Noise Removal filter in audacity. Find a section with just the hum to train the noise filter. Then apply the filter. If you're going to do that you might as well fix the stereo mix in Audacity too. Of course, you'll have to reencode then remux the audio with the original video.

If you install the ffmpeg source plugin for Audacity you can import the audio directly from the source files. That saves you one step.

If you upload a sample someone will take a look at it and give you an idea what's possible.
    Quote Quote  
  6. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If all you want is play the files on your PC, you can use VLC media player and choose Audio -> Stereo Mode -> Left. That way you'll have the left source coming from both speakers.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  7. Unfortunately, I use Media Player Home Cinema. Not sure if it does that.

I'd like to fix the audio, though, as I do use my tablet sometimes and I use Chromecast to send to my kitchen TV sometimes.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by yuppicide0138 View Post
    Unfortunately, I use Media Player Home Cinema. Not sure if it does that.
    In MPCHC you can use the Audio Switcher to map both channels to the Front Center.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    [ c a n c e l l e d ]
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 3rd Mar 2014 at 08:21.
    Quote Quote