VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a little confuse. Does blu ray reads video with packed bitstream or with xvid header ? I want to buy a blu ray player because my stand alone dvd player doesn't read packed bitstream videos, it just exit video. So, again, does it read packed bitstream ? Sorry for my bad english.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    xvid is not part of the blu ray spec, so you will have to explore that player by player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The advantage of a blu ray player: you can play files directly from a usb memory stick in full HD.
    If you copied an xvid file to a DVD and expected it to play...it will never happen. DVDs have to be authored.
    You will have to use a program such as DVDStyler to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If a BluRay player can play Divx/Xvid, it probably can play videos with packed bitstream, but there are no 100% guarantees.

It is very easy to remove packed bitstream with MPEG4 Modifier. You do not have to re-encode when doing that. It's so easy that I wouldn't worry about it. Just use MPEG4 Modifier when you have a video with packed bitstream.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    The advantage of a blu ray player: you can play files directly from a usb memory stick in full HD.
    If you copied an xvid file to a DVD and expected it to play...it will never happen. DVDs have to be authored.
    You will have to use a program such as DVDStyler to do that.
    Not really true,a lot of newer dvd players will play xvid on dvd as data long as they are within spec,eg..720x480/576 with no special settings.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote