VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

my original DVD with Corel Video Studio X4 is corrupted.
    Has anybody the image of it and share it? I cannot download it from Corel website.

Remember: copy your CD/DVD because some day you cannot read the data from them
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think it was John McEnroe who coined the phrase "You can not be serious man !!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Don't know if it works but I got a download window and a file size (828 MB) for file vsx4_pro_tbyb.exe
    If it does work, your lucky day. If not, can't help sorry.

http://corel-videostudio-pro-x4.software.informer.com/download/
    Last edited by transporterfan; 12th Feb 2014 at 19:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How can Corel put "Pro" on their software?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    They saw Pinnacle and Cyberlink doing it.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 06:38.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    How can Corel put "Pro" on their software?
    So that they can charge more for it

But to assist the OP if he has not already solved his problem.....

If you registered your software, contact Corel. Explain your plight and maybe, just maybe, they can arrange for a replacement or even give you a d/l link.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Older versions of software from major names like Corel often appear on eBay.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 06:38.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, thanks for suggestions.

The effects ect library is not included in the file vsx4_pro_tbyb.exe (828 MB).
    My product is registered but I did not received support code in registration message and now I cannot open the support ticket on
    http://corel.force.com/support/cSupportCode?lang=en_US&product=VideoStudio&family=Corel%20Products
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That support code would not be relevant now. Not the way I read how that works.

If you created an account, you should still be able to log in to the customer support section. With tbyb versions, any additional libraries had to be downloaded. Maybe they are still available. But X4 is now a few versions old so there is less chance of that.

Have you tried to copy the files off the disk in to a HDD folder ? They might not all be available but you might get enough.

You might also like to try the dedicated Corel User Forums.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    But X4 is now a few versions old
    Currently, just a mere 2 versions.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    hello,

thanks for your answers.
    I contacted with Corel support and they replied:

Dear Corel Customer,

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Unfortunately your Corel product version is no longer supported. Because the computing environment changes so quickly, it’s very difficult for us to maintain older versions of software as they do occasionally run into some issues when installed on new operating systems. However, we do very much value our return customers, and try to offer promotions and special offers to keep the cost of upgrading to a minimum. To find out more you can call our Customer Service Teams at 1-877-582-6735 (North America) or 0800-376-9272 (UK) who will be happy to provide further information.

While your product version is no longer supported by phone or email, Corel has an extensive library of archived information available to users of older software versions:
    http://corel.force.com/index

Alternatively, another user may be able to help you get an answer in one of the Corel forums: http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=800085

Regards,
    Divine
    Corel Customer Support Services
    Does somebody have their own original DVD or image? pls
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just happen to have 2 LEGIT licenses for VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate. You can have 1 free of charge. I already contacted Corel and asked about doing the license transfer. All I have to do is make sure the software is uninstalled from my machine and give the serial number to the new owner. The problem is that you are in Poland and I am in the USA, so we would have to make arrangements for you to get the install files on a DVD or Dropbox (or a similar site).

If you'd like to discuss a license transfer, PM me (for obvious reasons).

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Like I said on reply #9, and now pointed to by Corel, post a message on the dedicated Corel User Forum.

You are likely to find many more users of this software there and someone may be able to help.

But isn't the ect library available for download ? Did you look ?. Surely that is all you are missing.
    Quote Quote