VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Without breaking the 5-figure barrier into the world of Phantoms and Photrons, what is the highest frame-rate on the market today?

Best I could find is GoPro HERO3+ Black, which can do 240fps at WVGA res.

Seems like there's quite a chasm there between $400 and even the cheapest "high-speed" cameras that can run any faster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most of the consumer level "super slow mo" stuff is very low resolution and/or short burst. The Go Pro is 800x480, Sony's stuff gives you 5 or 10 seconds. The chasm covers much higher quality and longer running times.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/video/hands-reviews/hands-review-jvc-gc-px100-full...erio-camcorder
    Quote Quote  
  3. Some Sanyo Xacti camcorders have 600 fps at very low res.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't mind short bursts for the highest frame-rates. (Heck, even the six-figure gear eventually forces you to step down resolution and duration.)

I hadn't seen the JVC GC-PX100. Although it's sad that they can't do any better than 600fps at 320x176 since the Casio F1 did 600fps at 432x192 six years ago at half the price!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by dbooksta View Post
    it's sad that they can't do any better than 600fps at 320x176 since the Casio F1 did 600fps at 432x192 six years ago at half the price!
    The new one is 3 Grand.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    The new one is 3 Grand.
    Which brand and model are you talking about?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hahaha, funny.
    Quote Quote