VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    For some reason when I open my AVI in VirtualDub it seems to add an extra frame in between my frames?? Like this should only be two frames

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/y0bHpJl.gif

But it's made some sort of transition frame and I'm really not sure why? When I open the same file in Windows Media player the extra frame is not there...so how do I stop this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is that the video before any filtering? What you're seeing is incorrectly resized interlaced video. But VirtualDub wouldn't do that on opening an AVI file. It's possible the decoder is doing it. You'll have to upload a short sample of your source for a full diagnosis. And a MediaInfo report of the source.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Is that the video before any filtering? What you're seeing is incorrectly resized interlaced video. But VirtualDub wouldn't do that on opening an AVI file. It's possible the decoder is doing it. You'll have to upload a short sample of your source for a full diagnosis. And a MediaInfo report of the source.
    No filtering or anything in VirtualDub but I had edited effects in Windows Movie Maker where it originated? It had been converted from a .wmv to an .avi from windows movie maker so that I could open it up.

And maybe that is when the problem happened because I actually just ended up working around it by I following some instructions and downloading some files to be able open the original .WMV file in VirtualDub and the extra frames did not happen then.
    Quote Quote