VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, I try using 'Subtitle Edit' to convert SRT to IDX/SUB, but had a problem where the italic fonts are not changed, it turns to regular fonts in VobSub.

Can anyone help this? Thanks in advance.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 'official' version of SRT subtitles doesn't allow for font/style/positioning changes; it's just plain text. There's an unofficial version of SRT which adds formatting through HTML tags (like <i>italicized text</i>), which is probably what your SRT subtitles are using, from the sound of it - but programs are less likely to support the unofficial version.

Are there any options in Subtitle Edit to parse the HTML tags?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Seems, it doesn't have parse HTML tags. Although plain text, but why SRT itself can display italic fonts, if there are tags <i> and </i> ?
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Leo99 View Post
    Seems, it doesn't have parse HTML tags. Although plain text, but why SRT itself can display italic fonts, if there are tags <i> and </i> ?
    If you want somebody to answer that, you're going to have to say that differently. That makes no sense at all. I understand that English is obviously not your first language, but you're going to have to do better than that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle Edit supports italic tags when exporting text based subtitles to the image based VobSub format - but you have to turn off "Simple rendering" ("simple rendering" is required for Arabic, that has some problems in normal mode).

Also, SE 3.3.13 is out
    Quote Quote