VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alright, so here's my problem. I have a lot of video that I'd like to convert from MP4 to AVCHD format so a DVD/Blu-ray player will read it. The problem is, whenever I try to convert them to AVCHD format, a process crashes, botching the entire operation. This happens with every video converter I have used. In MultiAVCHD I have used both AVCHD and AVCHD Strict.

Transcode settings (Should be the same on all episodes [5]):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	transcode1.png
Views:	250
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	23438

Fit All Settings:

Name:	transcode2.png
Views:	531
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	23439

Before:

Name:	transcode3.png
Views:	246
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	23440

Crash (It says that Pass 2 started under the window):

Name:	transcode4.png
Views:	287
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	23442

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on an Intel i5-3570k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GTX 660ti Superclocked (3GB) desktop, by the way. I appreciate any help you can give, thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a problem like that and it was because my computer was over heating, You could check that with CPUID HWMonitor which is what I use and it's free, Here's a link, http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    I had a problem like that and it was because my computer was over heating, You could check that with CPUID HWMonitor which is what I use and it's free, Here's a link, http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    Thank you very much! It appears that this was exactly my problem. I had to move my computer to my garage to get it to work.

Now that I have converted these files, would you have any idea on how to burn them to a DVD so they will work in DVD and Bluray players? I'm not sure if I need to make an ISO or not and I'd rather not waste my very limited amount of blanks. Thanks again!

EDIT: I have ImgBurn installed.
    Quote Quote