VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are there any good programs to author blurays? I am trying to to make a bluray out of mkv files with multiple audio files and subtitles as well as menus in the disc. With dvds I would normally use vso convertxtodvd and was hoping for something similar.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    VSO is working on a program to author to Blu-ray, including menus, but it isn't out yet. It is going to be named ConvertXtoHD apparently.

The only free program that I know of to make Blu-ray structure with a menu is MultiAVCHD. It isn't the most user friendly program ever made, can be a bit slow to load new windows, and the output isn't universally accepted in all Blu-ray players and software. But it works for most. Won't hurt to try it since the price is right.

I've used Adobe Encore in the past to author Blu-ray with menus. Not free and no longer being developed, I don't believe. Making .h264 files it would accept was a pain, but could be done in MeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I will try multiavchd and see what I can do with it. I am an information system student so I should be able to figure it out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are there any other programs that will work with mkvs or other file types to make bluray. This program I just cannot get it to work on my pc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5. Not free, though there should be a trial for testing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For multiavchd to work properly you need to install ffdshow and have java as well with avisynth installed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The no java was probably the problem. I will have to try it again.
    Quote Quote