VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using PotPlayer 1.5.44465 64 bit on Windows 7. Subtitles for movies are being displayed right in the middle of the video image, which is ridiculous. I've messed with every conceivable subtitle-related setting and nothing seems to change their location. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Subtitles -> Font Style -> Vertical Percent
    Quote Quote  
  3. That works for some movies, but for others, none of the settings in "Subtitles -> Font Style" seem to have any effect. Is it normal for subtitles to sometimes be hardwired in and unchangeable like that? (I'm talking about subtitles that are rendered by PotPlayer, not subtitles that are obviously part of the original movie itself.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe dvd/blu-ray image subtitles? They may be hard to move...but should usually be at the bottom.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry, what do you mean by image subtitles? The subtitles I am talking about are definitely not embedded in the frames of the movie itself, they are being rendered by PotPlayer, presumably using information contained in the mkv file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. So do subtitles just have a mind of their own sometimes?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anybody know anything about subtitles and PotPlayer?
    Quote Quote  
  8. It might help you you said what type of subtitle file is giving you problems. There are dozens of different subtitle types. Some text, some images, some with explicit positions, some without.
    Quote Quote