VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everybody,

i've already posted a thread about uprezing to prores, but what finally worked pretty fine with a file, didn't work with another one.

Here's the deal.

source specs:
    Video : 00:03:55,880, 25,000 ips interlaced, 1440x1080x12, MPEG-2
    Audio : 00:03:55,880, 48*000 Hz; Stéréo, MPEG Layer 2

output specs:
    video: Apple PRO RES 422HQ 1920x1080 ~220 Mb/s, 25 fps, YUV colorspace
    audio: mp2, 48 kHz, 16 bits, 384 kb/s, 2 channels (stereo)

ffmbc -i input.m2t -vcodec prores -qscale 1 -r 25 -acodec mp2 -sample_fmt s16 -ar 48000 -ab 384k -ac 2 -vf scale=1920:1080 output.mov

I never get a bitrate up to 150 mb (minimum bitrateso the video is accpted by my uplaod system).

can anyone help me with this one.

I don't really understand what makes a video conversion go fine with one and bad with another.

Thanks in advance

Vincent
    Quote Quote  
  2. The resultant bitrate is determined by the source content complexity. For example, if it was still image, the bitrate might be 50Mb/s . If there was lots of action and noise it might be 350Mb/s

You probably don't have enough real details or content complexity (motion, noise, details) in the source video - and have saturated the encoder

The solution is to add a bit of grain or noise
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'll search the web anyway, but is there a better command to put noise in an image.

thanks in advance

Vincent
    Quote Quote  
  4. Also, if that is an interlaced source (looks like "PAL" spec HDV ? ), you need to add "-tff" to the commandline

I don't know if ffmbc/ffmpeg has a noise generator offhand, but you can use some filters in avisynth

EDIT: looks like ffmpeg has an add noise filter
    http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#noise
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ffmpegx is not ffmbc. Moving you to our video conversion section.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well thank you poisondeathray I'm gonna check that;
    The point is the video is Black and White that's perhaps the reason why i get a low bitrate

Thanks you a lot
    Quote Quote