VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

    My experience with Avidemux has been very good. Still, some glitches I want to mention in my few days of usage are as below.

    1) Many times just at start of an edited video, 'green, fiery dancing blotches' in the initial few seconds of playback are visible. But then disappear. Minor issue but wanted to mention. No big deal but look a little awkward.

    2) Sometimes (occasionally) Avidemux does not perform an editing operation and aborts. Although no message appears, the saved file is saved in just a second and is just few bytes size. Obviously nothing saved.

    3) When I try to re-edit a just edited video from Avidemux, it hangs up or the timeline cursors jumps / flickers and doesn't let me edit it again. Once it did save a file but it was zeo size, thus no data. Why doesnt it let me re-edit a video which has once been edited by it?

    4) It takes quite a while to read and open a file (building TimeMap and reading Bitstream) than VirtualDub (for avi only).

    Maybe some of you here have similar experiences and can share their views to optimize my Avidemux usage.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by seymoria; 4th Feb 2014 at 14:20.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2001
    Location: Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    I've never upgraded my AviDemux 2.4 because I've never had to.
    Also without knowing what kind of video and audio codecs you are throwing at AviDemux, nobody will ever be able to help you. I use AviDemux for DVD/Mpeg2 99% of the time....the other 1% the occasional old Divx/Xvid file I have laying around.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Pakistan
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it quite a complex story.
    Anyway, I am happy with both of them, Avidemux and VirtualDub. These are only minor issues.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads