VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Since Kvazar (https://github.com/ultravideo/kvazaar) now supports input via standard in, I just tried encoding with Kvazaar v0.2.1 using:
    Code:
    mencoder -lavdopts threads=8 -really-quiet -of rawvideo -o - -ovc raw -demuxer lavf -vfm ffmpeg -noskip -vf scale,format=i420 -forcedsubsonly -nosub -nosound -mc 0 "F:\TESTCL~1\test.avi" | kvazaar -i - -w 640 -h 352 -q 32 -p 0 -n 429 -o "H:\Temp\test_11_02_11_7310_01.265"
    encoding went well and to better handle the file I wanted to mux it into an .mp4 container using MP4Box:
    Code:
    MP4Box -add "H:\Temp\test_11_02_11_7310_01.265"#video:fps=25 -brand hvc1 -tmp "H:\Temp" -new "H:\Output\11_02_11_7310__02.mp4"
    Problem is Mp4Box simply crashes on me (no console output, just an APPCRASH), since the same works fine using x265 or DivX265 to create the .265 file I thought the output was broken, but decoding with MPC-HC and it's internal LAV Filters works fine.

using ffplay I get:
    [hevc @ 0000000000358300] Unknown HEVC profile: 0
    and
    [hevc @ 0000000000358300] PPS id out of range: 0
    -> seems like the stream is missing some infos.

Does anyone have any further experiences with Kvazaar?

Cu Selur

Ps.: created an issue in their bug tracker for my problem: https://github.com/ultravideo/kvazaar/issues/5
    (btw. compilation works fine on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X now )
    Last edited by Selur; 3rd Feb 2014 at 09:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Small update:

pro:
    the profile and PPS issues ffplay indicated have been fixed (attached win32 binary, I build a few minutes ago, for those interested).
    con:
    Muxing problem is still present.

Cu Selur

Ps.: updated to latest version
    Last edited by Selur; 19th Feb 2014 at 09:52.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    prompt settings for the encoding "park_joy_1080p50.y4m"?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Haven't tested it much since I still can't mux the output to mp4. (+ quality will be worth than DivX265 and x265 since the project really is new and doesn't support much of HEVC atm.)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just build latest version and mp4box can now successfully pack kvazaars output into an mp4 container
    (updated the attached build)

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    kvazaar 0.21 requires MSVCR100D.dll; is that the debug symbol containing version of MSVCR100.dll? I thought I have all MSVC runtime libraries installed... Please either re-publish compiled in release mode, or include this DLL (if MSVS license permits ... probably not, may not be redistributable).
    Quote Quote  
  7. busy atm. will look at it a bit later (didn't realize the debug symbols were on, assumed that switching to release would automatically remove this dependency)
    Quote Quote  
  8. uploaded a new version, should be statically build without external dependencies
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I meant the release on github, also reported by Marchand in the x265 thread...
    Quote Quote  
  10. ah, okay
    Quote Quote  
  11. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Here goes a GCC build,

I still don't understand why people keep messing around with Visual Studio
    without a VERY-good reason
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Code:
    Usage:
    hevc_encoder -i <input> -w <width> -h <height> -o <output>
    How about reporting parameter 0 (the executable file name) here?
    Quote Quote  
  13. @LigH: not sure if anyone of the Kvazaar team is monitoring this thread, so posting requests might be better off in the issue tracker on the project page.
    @El Heggunte: I normally, on Windows, have less problems compiling stuff with MSVC than with GCC. + For University projects Visual Studio is often used due to MSNAA.
    Quote Quote  
  14. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    @Selur,

thanks for confirming that Michael $oft is even more evil than I thought
    Quote Quote  
  15. Do be clear MSNAA doesn't require the universities to use VS, but since the got their MSDNAA membership to get free Windows versions, for themselves and their students, they get VS for free and so instead of using eclipse and the compiler of your choice you are normally required to produce VS projects.
    Nobody hinders you to develop under another IDE, but C/C++ code I created for university always had do include VS project files.

Cu Selur

Ps.: tsMuxeR can mux Kvazaars output to m2ts
    Last edited by Selur; 6th Feb 2014 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Just tested, muxing to mkv is possible with ROVIs 1.0.4 mkvmerge.
    -> only muxer, which normally supports hevc, that fumbles seems to be MP4Box
    Quote Quote  
  17. Nice, now VUI signaling is also supported.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    How to build an X64 version?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Post #2 includes both a 32bit and a 64bit version.

Assuming you got Visual Studio installed, building 64bit is rather simply.
    1. Checkout latest source
    2. Open Visual Studio solution file (.sln)
    3. In Visual Studio change from Debug to Release and from Win32 to x64
    4. Change "Configuration Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library" to 'Multi-threaded (/MT)' if you want a static build
    5. Build->Build solution
    6. Once the building is finished, the bin/Release folder should contain the HEVC_encoder.exe

If you want to use GCC you probably could ask El Heggunte since he uploaded a GCC build.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    I only have Visual Studio 12
    So no way to use Visual Studio 2010 build

I do not want to install Visual Studio 2010
    Quote Quote  
  21. Visual Studio 2012 should be able to import and convert Visual Studio 2010 solution files without a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Error Messages

Error 2 error LNK1104: can not open file "E: \ kvazaar \ build \ Win32-Release-libs \ HEVC_encoder.lib" E: \ kvazaar \ build \ HEVC_interface \ LINK HEVC_interface

Error 1 error MSB3721: Command "vsyasm.exe-Xvc-f Win32-d" ARCH_X86_64 = 0 "-d" PREFIX "-o" Win32-Release \ \ "-rnasm-pnasm .. \ .. \ src \ x86 \ cpu.asm "exited with return code 1. E: \ kvazaar \ build \ yasm \ vsyasm.targets 45 5 HEVC_encoder

Quote Quote  
  23. oh, yeah sorry, I forgot you need vsyasm (see: http://yasm.tortall.net/Download.html) download and follow the readme instructions.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    1> ------ Rebuild All started: Project: HEVC_encoder, Configuration: Release x64 ------
    1> Assembling cpu.asm
    1> cl: Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option "/ arch: SSE2"
    1> bitstream.c
    1> cabac.c
    1> config.c
    1> context.c
    1> debug.c
    1> encmain.c
    1> encoder.c
    1> getopt.c
    1> filter.c
    1> inter.c
    1> intra.c
    1> nal.c
    1> picture.c
    1> rdo.c
    1> sao.c
    1> search.c
    1> transform.c
    1> Generating Code ...
    1> HEVC_encoder.vcxproj -> E: \ kvazaar \ build \ x64-Release-libs \ HEVC_encoder.lib
    2> ------ Skipped Rebuild All: Project: HEVC_encoder_tests, Configuration: Release x64 ------
    2> No configuration selected for this solution to generate project
    3> ------ Rebuild All started: Project: HEVC_interface, Configuration: Release x64 ------
    3> cl: Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option "/ arch: SSE2"
    3> interface_main.c
    3> HEVC_interface.vcxproj -> E: \ kvazaar \ build \ .. \ bin \ Release \ HEVC_encoder.exe
    ========== Rebuild All: Success 2, failed 0 skipped ========== 1

Can not build HEVC_encoder.EXE
    Quote Quote  
  25. according to the log you did not build the solution like I wrote, but you tried to only build the 'HEVC_encoder' project,..
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Error 1 error C1083: Can not open include file: "greatest / greatest.h": No such file or directory E: \ kvazaar \ tests \ picture_list_tests.c 1 1 HEVC_encoder_tests

Error 2 error C1083: Can not open include file: "greatest / greatest.h": No such file or directory E: \ kvazaar \ tests \ sad_tests.c 1 1 HEVC_encoder_tests

Error 3 error C1083: Can not open include file: "greatest / greatest.h": No such file or directory E: \ kvazaar \ tests \ tests_main.c 1 1 HEVC_encoder_tests

Warning 4 warning LNK4098: default library "msvcrtd.lib" Use conflicts with other libraries; Use / NODEFAULTLIB: library E: \ kvazaar \ build \ HEVC_interface \ MSVCRT.lib (cinitexe.obj) HEVC_interface

Lack greatest.h
    Quote Quote  
  27. don't have it either, it should not be needed for Release builds, greatest is a unit-test-framework,....
    "msvcrtd.lib"<- that one should only be needed for debug builds
    -> looks to me like you didn't follow the instructions I wrote down,...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Error 1 error C1083: Can not open include file: "greatest / greatest.h": No such file or directory E: \ kvazaar \ tests \ tests_main.c 1 1 HEVC_encoder_tests

Error 2 error C1083: Can not open include file: "greatest / greatest.h": No such file or directory E: \ kvazaar \ tests \ sad_tests.c 1 1 HEVC_encoder_tests

Error 3 error C1083: Can not open include file: "greatest / greatest.h": No such file or directory E: \ kvazaar \ tests \ picture_list_tests.c 1 1 HEVC_encoder_tests

lack greatest.h
    Quote Quote  
  29. "No such file or directory E: \ kvazaar \ tests \ tests_main.c"
    tests/test_main.c tests/sad_test.c and tests/picture_list_test.c all come with the source

-> best start anew with cloning the repository
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Resolved
    Thank Selur

greatest requires a separate download

Quote Quote