VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I currently have two Sony 2100 cameras, but finally looking to move on into the HD video realm. I'm trying decide between 3 cameras to purchase in order to shoot my first wedding in HD:

Sony NX30
    Canon XA10 or new XA20
    Panasonic AG-AC90

Anyone have a recommendation?

What is best setting to shoot for weddings- 1080/60p or 1080/60i, or something else?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The three chips and accessible manual controls make me lean a little towards the Panasonic. But they're all excellent cameras. Really it comes down to personal preference and ergonomics. 1080i or p is also a matter of taste. Do you wan it to look smoother or filmier (more classic?)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    The three chips and accessible manual controls make me lean a little towards the Panasonic. But they're all excellent cameras. Really it comes down to personal preference and ergonomics. 1080i or p is also a matter of taste. Do you wan it to look smoother or filmier (more classic?)
    Thanks for the reply...I keep going back and forth between the Panasonic and Canon (the XA10 seemed to work well for wedding videographers, and only $1500)...I like the size of the Panasonic. I guess I'd go with the filmier look if it works for weddings.
    Quote Quote