VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ripped Captain Phillips "Movie Only" w/ DVDFab v8.0.3.0 (v9) flakes out my system out.

Shrunk using BD-Rebuilder v4605 to BD25 (I realize there are two newer versions, but I had used this older version prior to those coming out.)

Forced Subtitles remain on-screen until the next Forced Subtitle. Anyone ever see this happen? Very strange.
    Last edited by louv68; 1st Feb 2014 at 10:51.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    No, I haven't seen that. You should post the issue in the BD Rebuilder Bug thread over at doom9. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716
    Jdobbs will want the log file.

The last two updates won't help, as they have been almost entirely focused on 3D.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by louv68 View Post
    Forced Subtitles remain on-screen until the next Forced Subtitle. Anyone ever see this happen? Very strange.
    Not that specifically, but forced subs can be problematic for BDRB. Avatar, for example, IIRC.

You could hard code the subs (and include selectable subs) if you use RipBot. Most times the forced subs are necessary to fully understand what's going on, so you might as well hard code them into the video. JMO.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, mine does that too. It's an irritation but better than not having the subs when there is so much dialog in a foreign tongue.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricoman View Post
    Yes, mine does that too. It's an irritation but better than not having the subs when there is so much dialog in a foreign tongue.
    You have the exact same problem I described with Captain Phillips? I've not had this occur with any other titles with forced subs. Very odd.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the forced subtitle stays on the bottom of the screen until the next translation. If there is no foreign dialogue, it can stay there for several minutes until there is. Took a few times to realize it, I thought it was stuck for good, but it does start back up when they speak Somali again. Definitely odd.
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  7. There must be something odd about the way the subs are presented in the PGS stream for that title. I'll look at it and try to get it fixed for the next release.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The subtitle issue has been fixed in the latest release (v0.46.10).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote